Backhoe hydraulic hoses

/ hydraulic hoses #1  

caserick

Tractor
Case 580B
I recently bought a Case 580B Backhoe that requires changing hydraulic hoses...would like for someone to give me a trick or two on the easiest way to loosen rusty hoses. I made an attempt on a few and had no luck as i was afraid to break something...

/ hydraulic hoses
That sounds interesting...I will definetly give er a try...thanks

/ hydraulic hoses #4  
I've used a grinder with a diamond wheel to cut the nut down to where you can see the threads, stay away from the end of the pipe where the seat is. Cut 2 sides and then try to turn it.
Do not cut all the way through the thread, half way will do.
I had an old Case hoe that had the same problem and this got them off.
Tip #2, stay far away from the Case dealer. Surpluscenter.com or Hydraullic Hose, Fittings, Adapters and More at www.HydraulicWarehouse.com

/ hydraulic hoses
I will attempt to put heat to them first and if that doesnt work I like this idea also...not sure if i trust myself though...my neighbor on the other hand...thanks! Case dealer? Did you have a bad experience with them?

/ hydraulic hoses #6  
I will attempt to put heat to them first and if that doesnt work I like this idea also...not sure if i trust myself though...my neighbor on the other hand...thanks! Case dealer? Did you have a bad experience with them?

Point being dealer is very expensive.
I would run it unless the hoses keep breaking. If you just want all new hoses, remove them and take them to a full blown hydraulic hose and fitting shop and have them match all your hoses.
You will save a fortune over the dealer. In some cases(situation) you may want to add a swivel on each end for ease of installation.