Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Case IH Farmall 50

Ik. And ya we love it. It works hard and doesn't complain. Never had a problem with it. Gotta love a red tractor

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Default Re: Turning up injection pump on famall 50?

Quote Originally Posted by kf4uda View Post
    My response to your question is another question:

Why would you want to risk damaging your Dad's first new tractor and voiding the warrenty? Do you dislike him that much? I suggest putting your screwdriver back in the drawer and be happy that your Dad was able to buy a nice tractor to work with.
    Very good advice, Adjusting the fuel pump could lead to friction with ole DAD and might lead to selling your TOYS to pay for his damages later? Fuel pumps are calibated, and not just for being stingy with fuel as you think?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor
    2010 Case IH Farmall 50

What do you mean calibrated? I know they have there timing set and all that, but I have several friends ion to be diesel tech school they said all diesel engines in America come stock starved for fuel to meet emissions. I'm not questioning ur knowledge, I'm just saying wat I've heard and I know that when I turned up my four wheeler, it runs a lot better, smoother and has way more power. I can afford to buy a couple new engines. And my fouwheeler can haul a lot more weight and do alot more work like hauling firewood and
    Pulling trees out of tight spaces than it could before,

Tractor
    1974 IH 1066, 1969 IH 756/FEL, and 2011 TYM T603 Cab/FEL

Well glad you can afford new engines and such most of us can't. Sounds like you made a wise choice not tinkering with your daddy's tractor
    Dan,
    www.pikecountyfoodplots.com

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

If somebody turned up a tractor that I owned, they might as well get out their checkbook to pay for it, cause they just bought it. I tear up enough EXPENSIVE stuff on my tractors without overstressing the rest of the driveline (or the engine) with a itchy screwdriver finger. If you need more power, just drop down a gear in the transmission. If you don't have any lower gears, then you bought too small a tractor (to suit your needs, NOT your Dad's).
    Black smoke coming out the stacks might seem cool, but it is just unburnt fuel and really should be considered "green smoke".
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Quote Originally Posted by farmall50dieselboy View Post
    What do you mean calibrated? I know they have there timing set and all that, but I have several friends ion to be diesel tech school they said all diesel engines in America come stock starved for fuel to meet emissions. I'm not questioning ur knowledge, I'm just saying wat I've heard and I know that when I turned up my four wheeler, it runs a lot better, smoother and has way more power. I can afford to buy a couple new engines. And my fouwheeler can haul a lot more weight and do alot more work like hauling firewood and
    Pulling trees out of tight spaces than it could before,
    I just had to laugh at your reply..Question my knowledge, Sure you BUDDYS have more smarts than any of us whom worked on DIESELS before your Mom was around? I remember this kind of hair-brained ideas with my V-8 days..Diesel Tractors are simple machines, but don't get your feelings HURT when DAD takes you ON for _crewing up his new tractor......Why not weld a Turbo on to the exhaust, it is Real free horsepower, for the time it will hold together? Let me go back to lurking???Have a great day..
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor
    2010 Case IH Farmall 50

I could put the turbo from the 55 on mine and it would handle it just fine

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

Quote Originally Posted by farmall50dieselboy View Post
    I could put the turbo from the 55 on mine and it would handle it just fine

Handle it just fine for how long? Everything has it's lifespan (except teenagers... who think they are indestructable). We find out as we get older that the things we did as teenagers comes back to haunt us with aches and pains. A diesel motor is in a lot of ways the same way. Keep it well maintained and don't abuse it and you can expect many years of life out of it. Run the heck out of it, push it to it's limits and your going to have some pains later in life. Problem with that is, fixing a diesel motor isn't cheap, easy or something most tractor owners want to do.
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I'm not sure if its just the turbo that would be different between the 55 and 50. I know with my TN the dealer told me there was different injectors and calibrations between my 65 and the 70.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    2010 Case IH Farmall 50

The injectors are turned up a little bit on the 55 and it has a turbo. That's the difference. And it will handle it for as long as the farmall 55 will, because they are the same engine, for u know-it alls who think a simple turbo will screw it up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast