Turning up injection pump on famall 50?

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #21  
farmall50dieselboy said:
The injectors are turned up a little bit on the 55 and it has a turbo. That's the difference. And it will handle it for as long as the farmall 55 will, because they are the same engine, for u know-it alls who think a simple turbo will screw it up

If thats all the difference then do it and stop insulting the guys on here

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #22  
Messing with your dads injection pump is a bad idea for many reasons already mentioned. Additionally, that is a tier 3 or 4 engine, correct? Maybe someone can confirm this, but I was told that it is illegal to do anything with these pumps. A local delaer told me that they are sealed at the factory and cannot be reconditioned in any way. Of course, any tampering will void the warranty, and possibly result in a heafty fine.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50?
I believe it's a tier 3. And I'm not touching it. And just like someone said earlier, it was just a dumb teenager idea

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #24  
I believe it's a tier 3. And I'm not touching it. And just like someone said earlier, it was just a dumb teenager idea

Thanks, Sorry about my rant. I had flashbacks of when My Son's would have to come face me and explain why something was broken while they were "Fixing it". It is something that says with a Father for a long time.If broken--that was one thing, if adjustings were misinformed--that was another..Tractor parts are expensive..Fuel injector systems are not all made alike on Diesels, Pressures on nozzels are different..Maybe if you stay in Tech school, they will get around to showing you some of these Little items??Buy your self a small used tractor and enjoy experimenting on them, you might even enjoy it enough to Compete on the pulling circuit??

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #25  
The injectors are turned up a little bit on the 55 and it has a turbo. That's the difference. And it will handle it for as long as the farmall 55 will, because they are the same engine, for u know-it alls who think a simple turbo will screw it up

Yeah, turbo's always screw things up, that is why one of my tractors, my truck, the wife's car all have turbo'd engines...

When are you going to do it?
Daivd from jax

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #27  
I feel compelled to post something here. After spending many, many years in the performance gasoline and diesel engine arena, I've got a few issues to what has been said.

The "starved for fuel to meet emissions" that you friends keep saying shows that they don't know what they are talking about. Simply adding more fuel won't always make more power. You need to get more air into the engine also in order to burn that extra fuel. The pump is calibrated to run with the amount of air that the engine can supply. Put in more air, and you can dump in more fuel. Of course you can put in more fuel now and possible get a touch more power, but not without some risk to the driveline and other parts.

Black smoke....that's wasted fuel. That's more fuel in the cylinders than there is air to burn it off. Why do performance diesels smoke? Because they are trying to "overfuel" for the engine in hopes that the engine RPM will catch up and be able to supply the air in order to burn all of the fuel. Black smoke out of your tractor usually means that there's a problem.

As engines get more efficient, people think that they are going to relive the 70's in their cars when emissions choked the Corvette to 180 hp. Not the case right now. The manufacturers of cars and tractors are figuring out how to make more power with less fuel. I don't know about you...but I like using less fuel to do the same job. :)

I do to. And I know that there aren't huge gains with some form of forced air induction, but it seems that usual u can turn it up a little hit and it doesn't get efficiency much, but will give a little more power. As with my four wheeler, the turbo is removed at the lombardini factory and injection pulp is therefore detuned, it is well known by owners of the 700 diesel that turning up the pump gives this little 686cc diesel about 50% more
Power

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #29  
I do to. And I know that there aren't huge gains with some form of forced air induction, but it seems that usual u can turn it up a little hit and it doesn't get efficiency much, but will give a little more power. As with my four wheeler, the turbo is removed at the lombardini factory and injection pulp is therefore detuned, it is well known by owners of the 700 diesel that turning up the pump gives this little 686cc diesel about 50% more
Power

I have no direct Lombardini knowledge. But claiming a 50% power increase in a diesel engine by simply adding more fuel is unrealistic and probably incorrect by a WIDE margin.

Like you said, you have no knowledge on or experience with lombardini, so u have no room to talk.. I'm sorry maybe it's a 40 percent increase, but it seriously is