Turning up injection pump on famall 50?

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #31  
I would suggest the following:
1. Don't turn a wrench on your fathers tractor without his permission...ever.
2. Research all of the options for increasing power. Find the shop manual for the N844 Shibaura diesel.
3. THOROUGHLY research, write everything down - listing the pros / cons, benefits for / against, possibility for damage, etc.

Present this to your father. He will most likely say no way in heck are we jacking with the tractor - but he will be very impressed with your research and effort, and you will learn a great deal on problem solving and decision making. Kinda like a school project - but with interesting subject matter.

I have no doubt that you will learn more about the tractor than you know now - that will be of great benefit down the road.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50?
Thansk. I have been wondering- DOes Case IH (CNH Capita) own Shibaura or does Shibaura build these engines specifiacclly for the CaseIH and New holland tractors? In the descriptons of these tractors, they say "fuel efficient 4 cylinder Case IH diesel engines" jw

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #33  
   / Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #34  
Here is a 3 cylinder Shibaura in a cub chassis "turned up" and with a Garrett turbo added. Engine bone stock otherwise when video taken. Not even water injection. Ran over 4 years like this no issues. And if I remember right, he got this engine from an MTD engineer that used it as a Cub Cadet factory torture test bed engine for some time before that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhiLMGBpyYQ]Turbo diesel Case IH garden tractor pulling at Columbus winter nationals 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50?
i dont understand how they get those engines to turn so fast and how what else they do to make the tractor faster than stock?

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #36  
i dont understand how they get those engines to turn so fast and how what else they do to make the tractor faster than stock?

More fuel + More Air + $$$$ for when they put in too much and it grenades = a faster/more powerful machine.

Aaron Z

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #37  

The governor weights are lightened in that one. That one and the others pulling in those type classes were built from the ground up, not a stock Farmall with just engine mods. That one turns slow in comparision to a more highly modified one. Ours had a lot more mods as in cam, pistons, head and valve work, pump and injector work, port and pipe water injection.

This 78 cube 3 cyl Yanmar supposedly had 200hp on dyno. Didn't last long though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEJCT9X19s&feature=related]Nichols Pro Stock diesel garden tractor at the Keystone Nationals - YouTube[/ame]

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #38  
Like you said, you have no knowledge on or experience with lombardini, so u have no room to talk.. I'm sorry maybe it's a 40 percent increase, but it seriously is

Not likely.

You need to work on the gap between what you think you know and the actual facts.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #39  
Impressive videos of research tractor engines..Miles away and a small fortune invested to remain in a legal class???Simular to a Nascar engine in a stock car, as Not much of it is anything like the stock machine you can buy? Farmall50,, buy yourself a older Mercedes..The 300 class td.1981-1985.I own one, it was a lot of fun. it is 120 hp 5 cylinder, turbo the right way.Built to run and last.. Cast iron head, oil jets to the Pistons from factory..You can work on it ..I altered the waste gate for a real power release...It will teach you some of the good basics...Ask your diesel teacher about them?Another good diesel car is the volkswagon, they can be altered too without a huge bankroll..Power and racing is expensive..

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #40  
Like you said, you have no knowledge on or experience with lombardini, so u have no room to talk.. I'm sorry maybe it's a 40 percent increase, but it seriously is

Whoa Dude, can u pull wheelies with yur 4 wheller? That's when yu know yur to the max. How bout nitrous? Worked fierce in Mad Max.
Another really cool thing is taking English classes so yur communication skills are right up there with yur wrench turnning.
Just sayin.