Turning up injection pump on famall 50?

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #1  

farmall50dieselboy

Tractor
2010 Case IH Farmall 50
Ones anyone know If there is anyway to turn a fuel screw, or torque limiter screw, as some call it. I want to get a little more power out of my tractor and I know they probably starved it for fuel with the factory settings, thanks!!

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #2  
i do not know about that tractor but take it off and carry it to a pump shop they can set it up.turn it up about 10 percent.that should not hurt.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50?
I wish I could, but we use just about daily and I don't think my dad would be too happy if I took the injection pump off his 10 month old, first ever brand new, $25k tractor. Lol I was wanting to do one might before he gets home and he would never notice, but it would have a lot more power

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #4  
I wish I could, but we use just about daily and I don't think my dad would be too happy if I took the injection pump off his 10 month old, first ever brand new, $25k tractor. Lol I was wanting to do one might before he gets home and he would never notice, but it would have a lot more power

If it's new and the pump is messed with your warranty will go poof. Think he would be even more unhappy if it messed up the warranty. Wait until the warranty period is over before turning the pump up.

how long do you think standard warranty is? it is only 10 moths old and is a 2012 model i believe.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #6  
What are you doing that it doesnt' have enough power?

Not really that it doesn't have enough power, but I know that if you give it a little more fuel, it will have huge power increases. I have a Arctic Cat diesel four wheeler, and it has a Lombardini (German) 686cc diesel engine and it was being starved for fuel from the factory and was rated at a piddly 17hp. I turned upo the fuel rate so that it smokes when you stab the throttle. It now has 40%-50% more power and moer torque. Now, I dont want to turn up our tractor that much but just enough to give it a little more power and see a little more smoke, the way a tractor should be.

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #8  
My response to your question is another question:

Why would you want to risk damaging your Dad's first new tractor and voiding the warrenty? Do you dislike him that much? I suggest putting your screwdriver back in the drawer and be happy that your Dad was able to buy a nice tractor to work with.

It wouldn't damage it, but I guess that's right. I wasn't thinking, I would only probably do it if it was a ragged out old tractor

/ Turning up injection pump on famall 50? #10  
I hope that you don't think I was yelling at you or anything because that was not my intent. I just can't imagine your Dad being happy with you adjusting the fuel on his new tractor. Now,if you were to wash and wax it:)

Enjoy that Farmall. It should serve you well.