Initial review of the Farmall 45A

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #11  
I enjoy your review. I think I will be picking up a 55 in the fall for my orchard. I have the telescoping 3 pt on my TC31DA and for me it is a must. How has the 2wd work for you so far?

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A
I enjoy your review. I think I will be picking up a 55 in the fall for my orchard. I have the telescoping 3 pt on my TC31DA and for me it is a must. How has the 2wd work for you so far?

I have been happy with it so far. I bought it for a specific purpose and for it to be the most useful for that purpose I needed it to be 2wd. I did get stuck once with it but that wasn't really the tractors fault. I was on a new farm I had just bought and it was the first time I had drove any equipment on the particular area. I had a very low riding trailer loaded with around 100 posts and found a soft spot in the field. The trailer sank enough to bottom out and then the tractor was done with. Other then that it has been great. It turns nice and sharp which for haying I wanted it to do so. Even in the vineyards it is nice to be able to swing around as tight as I want to. I like 2wd tractors for haying, their very nimble, cheaper to buy and maintain, easier to maintain and you can see a lot better without the big rubber a FWA tractor would have up there.

I don't know if its an option but if it is I would opt for a larger front tire on the 2wd unit if you go with one. It will only improve an otherwise great utility tractor by smoothing out the ride a little bit more. Its not bad but the small tires will definitely let you know you found a rut or chuck hole.

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #13  
i know i put thousands of hrs on a 245 CASE IH 21HP never a peep from the engine never any major problems thats why i want to trade the kubota in the kubota dealer wants me in a 7040 a 31k tractor id rather have that case but i was told the farmall A series is made in india like the mahindras

It is made in india but I don't see any flaws from that. It is very well put together so I am satisfied :)

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #15  
Im glad ur happy with yours I sure am pleased with my 55a!

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #16  
who makes the engine it it is it fiat and who makes the farmall b engines if im going to get rid of kubota i want to make sure this caseih is what i want

case245 said:
who makes the engine it it is it fiat and who makes the farmall b engines if im going to get rid of kubota i want to make sure this caseih is what i want

I'm pretty sure the A engine is made by Shibaura. I don't know about the B. This engine is very quiet. It is easily the quietest tractor I own. I can't say it enough, this 45A is just a pleasure to operate. I will gladly recommend it to anyone looking.

Back home from tedding

ForumRunner_20120619_133604.png

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #19  
Looks good! How hard was it to take the post driver off?

Looks good! How hard was it to take the post driver off?

The post pounder comes off easily. All I have to do is unhook the hydraulics, unbolt the valve and unpin the slide cylinder and it slides right off. I just hang it from the beam in the barn so its easy to take off and put back on when needed. The pounder stays attached to the slide table and all the hydraulics stay hooked up as well. The inlet hydraulic side hooks into the rear quick coupler and the outlet dumps back into the case so that there is no restriction when you let the pounder down. That part isn't too bad, just unscrew it and put a cap on the fitting I installed.