kubota 7040sud

Default Re: Initial review of the Farmall 45A

thanks for the information robert

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Tafe 3600

Hi,
    I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
    The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
    The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
    The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?

Platinum Member farmall 55a case's Avatar
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarguy View Post
    Hi,
    I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
    The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
    The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
    The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?
    Congrats on the new tractor! There is a plug under the platform for rear lights. I got the harness for it think it was like five bucks. I use it to power the radio and just tied the rear work lights into the main light harness!

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarguy View Post
    Hi,
    The seats are amazing comfortable. It is easily the main reason I like mine so much.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.
    Forgot to add the picture

Initial review of the Farmall 45A-forumrunner_20150926_102520-png

Tractor
    Multiple

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Glad you are getting good service out of it.

What size drill is that? Spacing?

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by farmer2009 View Post

Glad you are getting good service out of it.

What size drill is that? Spacing?
    7' width 8" spacing

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?
    I would guess it is for the compact line

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast