Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    743
    Location
    pa
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

    Default Re: Initial review of the Farmall 45A

    thanks for the information robert

  2. #32
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    68
    Location
    Western PA, USA
    Tractor
    Tafe 3600

    Default Re: Initial review of the Farmall 45A

    Hi,
    I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
    The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
    The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
    The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?

  3. #33
    Platinum Member farmall 55a case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    506
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarguy View Post
    Hi,
    I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
    The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
    The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
    The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?
    Congrats on the new tractor! There is a plug under the platform for rear lights. I got the harness for it think it was like five bucks. I use it to power the radio and just tied the rear work lights into the main light harness!

  4. #34
    Super Member Robert_in_NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8,513
    Location
    Silver Creek, NY
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarguy View Post
    Hi,
    I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
    The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
    The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
    The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?
    The seats are amazing comfortable. It is easily the main reason I like mine so much.


    God must love stupid people; He made so many

  5. #35
    Super Member Robert_in_NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8,513
    Location
    Silver Creek, NY
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

    Default

    Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.


    God must love stupid people; He made so many

  6. #36
    Super Member Robert_in_NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8,513
    Location
    Silver Creek, NY
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.
    Forgot to add the picture

    Initial review of the Farmall 45A-forumrunner_20150926_102520-png


    God must love stupid people; He made so many

  7. #37
    Elite Member farmer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,732
    Location
    Western KY
    Tractor
    Multiple

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.
    Glad you are getting good service out of it.

    What size drill is that? Spacing?

  8. #38
    Super Star Member EddieWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    17,567
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

    Default Re: Initial review of the Farmall 45A

    I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?

  9. #39
    Super Member Robert_in_NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8,513
    Location
    Silver Creek, NY
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmer2009 View Post

    Glad you are getting good service out of it.

    What size drill is that? Spacing?
    7' width 8" spacing


    God must love stupid people; He made so many

  10. #40
    Super Member Robert_in_NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8,513
    Location
    Silver Creek, NY
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?
    I would guess it is for the compact line


    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on a Case IH Farmall 60
    By High Brook Hills in forum Case-IH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 03:40 AM
  2. 42' Farmall A
    By JJKy. in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
  3. Mahindra review
    By Anonymous Poster in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 05:16 PM
  4. Can A Tractor Review Be Edited Later?
    By OkieNCognito in forum News/Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.