Initial review of the Farmall 45A

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #31  
thanks for the information robert

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #32  
Hi,
I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #33  
Hi,
I bought a 2011 Farmall 45 4wd., last summer with 7 hours on it, I thought it would be a good utility tractor for disking, raking, tedding, etc., I was correct. I had some concerns when I looked at it, no suspension seat, was the biggest problem for an old guy like me. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is, even with out the suspension seat, the transmission is set-up very nice for me, lots of gears, nice and smooth engine. The 4 wd. will paw its way thru about anything I have. Yesterday I was trying to pick corn, one side of the field was drifted with about 16" of snow, the picker was plowing the snow, and the darn tractor pawed thru, a little struggle, never would have got thru it with the JX 2wd.!
The transmission is not syncronised, but I can shift on the fly if I am careful, from second to third, third to fourth, etc.
The only problem I have had with it is the neutral safety switch, it was very erratic the first few weeks, then would not let you start the tractor, I have been using it until I get time to fix it. I now have ninety hours on it.
The only thing I really need is a rear work light, but I do not want to cut into the wiring harness, it does not seem like it is a superior quality. Does anyone have any ideas, or just suck it up and wire in a light?

Congrats on the new tractor! There is a plug under the platform for rear lights. I got the harness for it think it was like five bucks. I use it to power the radio and just tied the rear work lights into the main light harness!

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A
Hi,

The seats are amazing comfortable. It is easily the main reason I like mine so much.

Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.

Well another update is in order, the 45A is still easily my favorite tractor of the 4 modern tractors I have. It has 313 hours on it currently and there have only been 2 minor issues, the nss in the high low shifter failed and the operator presence switch has a loose connection.

Forgot to add the picture

ForumRunner_20150926_102520.png

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #37  

Glad you are getting good service out of it.

What size drill is that? Spacing?

/ Initial review of the Farmall 45A #38  
I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?

I really like the Case tractors, but can't understand why my local Case dealer is selling Mahindra tractors. Any idea why they would do this?

I would guess it is for the compact line