67' 580CK owner

/ 67' 580CK owner #1  

Freedom6178

Tractor
67 Case 580CK
Hi All. here is my "new to me" 67' Case 580CK backhoe.

2012-06-22_20-24-53_915.jpg :D

I have a lot to learn about this Machine. This is the first piece of heavy equipment I have ever owned (I have used skid-steers and such before). I'm planning on using it to build trails at my property in the UP. Thanks in advance for all your help:thumbsup:

/ 67' 580CK owner #2  
:welcome: a farmer a few miles away has a construction king. Close to the same years as yours. They can do a lot of work for ya.

/ 67' 580CK owner
Thanks Briana..

/ 67' 580CK owner #5  
Wow, that 580 looks really clean for its age! Looks a lot like my 1970 580CK, except mine has a gannon instead of a backhoe. Did yours not come with a ROPS? Not sure if they had that in the late 60's? Also, it is gas or diesel?

/ 67' 580CK owner
Wow, that 580 looks really clean for its age! Looks a lot like my 1970 580CK, except mine has a gannon instead of a backhoe. Did yours not come with a ROPS? Not sure if they had that in the late 60's? Also, it is gas or diesel?

Sorry all life got in the way.. Hadn't been to da UP in awhile.

HA, it looks good from a distance but shes been worked HARD. I see some welded cracks in the loader frame than when I raise the loader in the air water leaks out :rolleyes: .. No power supply but a generator where the machine is atm so I can't grind and re-weld yet.. The upper bushings for the loader are shot BAD. It also has a ton of Hyd leaks. After sitting the clutch likes to "stick".. I just bought the steering cylinder rebuild kit for both sides. Many of the other cylinders need to be rebuilt too.. I had a chewed up O-ring in the filter awhile ago.:rolleyes: .. No ROPS or any provision for it :laughing: .. It is the diesel version:thumbsup: Runs like a champ but when it warms up it looses oil psi :mad: The guy I bought it from had the heads rebuilt but didn't mess with the bottom end. . Right now I have the Hoe off due to a hose leak on the swing cyl. What a mess. I replace that hose last weekend.. I'm now replacing the supply hoses and quick connect fittings seeing how easy it was to remove the hoe. Might build a hyd. log splitter or some thing to fit the frame mounts.. Time will tell........

Thanks for listening.. :thumbsup: