problems with a CASE 8455T round baler

/ problems with a CASE 8455T round baler #1  

wooldawg

Tractor
JD
I have a case 8455T round baler that has just been a royal pain. The twine arm got bent so I had to replace it. Gear timing is lined up but now the bale size alarm does not go off and when I go to wrap manually the arm indicator on the front of the machine does not show that the arm is moving. The Twine arm light on the box is staying on also.

I could use some advice in simple terms. THis is my first year doing this alone because my husband passed away in June and wasn't able to get the hay done due to his illness.

/ problems with a CASE 8455T round baler #2  
Your problem will be the pie shaped disk on top of the twine arm shaft. that needs to be adjusted to tell the baler where the twine arm location is. this also keeps the bail from tieing. You just need to loosen the two bolts to adjust it. email me if I need to explain more.

/ problems with a CASE 8455T round baler
Thank you, I had been looking at the manual and thought that might be the issue but was scared to mess with it too much. So once I reinstall the twine arm. (the new one broke a weld so get to fix that now) and I make sure the twine arms are lined up properly I will need to adjust the pie shaped disc is lined up like the book says and that should fix it? Is there a trick to getting the little button things to raise up so the disk will slide easier