Backhoe Case 595 Tractor with Davis 185 Backhoe

/ Case 595 Tractor with Davis 185 Backhoe #1  

basilrobbins

Tractor
Case 595 Ford 1600
I recently bought a Davis 185 backhoe (circa 1954) to use with my Case 595 tractor. We have figured out how to mount the backhoe to the tractor and we can lift it and move around fine but the remote hydraulics on the tractor will only operate the backhoe stabilizer cylinders ( up and down). Tractor remote system does not appear to be supplying hydraulic power to the main 6 way hydraulic valve to operate the backhoe itself. Will I have to add a separate hydraulic remote to the tractor hydraulic system to supply power directly to the backhoe? Where in the tractor hydraulic system would I tap it to get enough flow -- need 15 GPM. A hydraulic valve ( open and closed) came with the backhoe as well as some extra hoses. s this a conversion I should have my Dealer do? Any ideas, help appreciated.

/ Case 595 Tractor with Davis 185 Backhoe #2  
does the backhoe have a "PTO hyd pump" that slips over the PTO shaft on back of tractor?

with this being a conversion, photos might help other clue in on what your options are and what might be a better option for you.

main 6 way hydraulic valve to operate the backhoe itself
what do you mean by 6 way?
2 hoses to cylinder on boom
2 hoses to cylinder on dipper stick
2 hoses to cylinder on bucket
2 hoses to cylinders on swing cylinders (with a cross over hose between swing cylinders most likey)
2 hoses to right out rigger
2 hoses to left out rigger

you might have a mix of levers to joysticks to operate backhoe and out riggers. and then different clusters of valves, that the levers/joysticks connect to under a panel or like.

/ Case 595 Tractor with Davis 185 Backhoe
The backhoe did come with a 5 gallon tank and a PTO pump but it appears parts are missing from the pump. The former owner did not use the PTO pump so he did not know how it worked or if everything was there. It was just in a box that he gave me when I picked up the backhoe. He used the tractor hydraulic system from his loader tractor to also power the backhoe. I would also like to use my tractor hydraulic system and not use the PTO pump even if I had all the pump parts as I want to be able to do quick connect and disconnects with the backhoe as I use this tractor for other farm work. I tried connecting the backhoe lines to my tractor remote hydraulics but they would only operate the 2 side stabalizers and did not send power to the hydraulic control levers- except for the 2 levers that operate the stabalizers cylinders ( that is what i referred to as a 6 way valve since it has 6 levers to operate all the backhoe functions}. I assumed this was because the tractor remotes were only designed to supply hydraulic power to lift and lower equipment. I'm guessing the tractor needs a second set of rear remotes ( more modern tractors seem to have this 2nd set of rear remotes) that would have a full hydraulic power flow like the system that powers my front loader. I need help figuring out where in the tractor hydraulic system I can connect the 2nd remote set of hoses. I did get an on/off hydraulic valve in the box with the pump parts as well as two long ( 10-12 feet long) hydraulic hoses. I could upload pictures of the hydraulic tank and pump if this would be useful but I would perfer to use the tractor hydraulic system.