Oil & Fuel LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #1  

farmall 55a case

Platinum Member
Tractor
case ih farmall 55a
I was bush hogin the lane today. I had a quarter tank of fuel left and I was mowing the bank and it lost its prime and died! Its still sitting there had to go to work! Hope I can get it going when I get home in the morning! The pump is on the uphill side probably be a pain to get started tho! So the lesson I learned today is that a half of tank of fuel is as low as im ever Gona let it get!

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #2  
Your tractor may have a stopcock on the injectors.This makes it easy to re-prime.

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY
? How do I know if it dose? Just figured id crack the lines by the injectors.

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #4  
thats what i would do crack the line on an injector but it might have a petcock i know even my old chevy 6.2l diesel did near the fuel filter to bleed air off thats was an 85

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #5  
nice tractor you have there

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #6  
been there...done that-
Thought I had enough left to finish mowing but didn't even consider that I would also be going up hill. I was able to put it in Neutral and roll back down the hill with brakes til it was level again. guess i was really out because I had to fill it before it would start (didn't have to prime it)

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY #7  
Your misfortune has made me rethink running my Kioti so far down in fuel level, like I did Saturday, it was near Status E, and everything is on a hill here in Branson, Lucky I made it back to the fuel. I will not run it so far down now, after hearing from you. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank you for educating me. Good luck in getting yours re-started.

James K0UA

/ LEARNED MY LESSON TODAY
Well i just got it going again! I was rather surprised how easily it I started concerting how it was siitting. Cracked the lines aan blead the system and it started in a min. It took a wile for it to build high rpm :)