IH 444D (UK) Radiator Issues

/ IH 444D (UK) Radiator Issues #1  

DickC

Tractor
IH 444D
The tractor's original radiator, 3112868R9x, leaks, has been repaired several times unsuccessfully. Have been looking for a replacement without success so far. Bates Corp. is the only source I have found that even acknowledges the existence of this OEM part number (other than Case/IH of course) but has none in stock and apparently won't for about 6 months or so. Case/IH claims no stock worldwide. So the tractor is currently out of commission which isn't good because the engine was just rebuilt and it runs great!

Tractor is a 1969 model, s/n B006696, diesel, made in England.

Here are my questions:

1: Has anyone found a 3112868R94 radiator recently, either new or used-serviceable or even used-repairable, and if so, where was it found?

2: Has anyone ever replaced the OEM radiator with another non-OEM radiator, and if so, who supplied it, what was its part number, what modifications were required, etc?

Any other ideas or suggestions on resolving this problem would sure be appreciated.

/ IH 444D (UK) Radiator Issues #2  
For what it's worth, I Googled that part number. Two hits here in the U.S. Bates, and another... Eagle Tractor parts in Texas. Shows they have one. Just says radiator assy. Call for quote. Another hit shows one in the UK.

If the top and bottom tanks are still good, a good radiator shop may be able to replace the core.

/ IH 444D (UK) Radiator Issues #3  
Or try a company called Sparex. They specialize in new parts for tractors like this. They are based in the UK but have dealers in the states. Don't know if the States model of this tractor used a different radiator than the UK one...Good luck

/ IH 444D (UK) Radiator Issues
It's in a radiator shop now. The guy says he can probably repair it. Bates has no stock, quoted a 6 month lead time -- I think it was a kissoff. Will check on Eagle Tractor Parts. Case/IH contacts in the UK said there are no OEMs available worldlwide. Sparex has offers no direct replacement either. So I really hope the repair in progress is successful. Thanks.

Checked Sparex, no direct replacement available though. There might be one that could be made to work with modifications. The UK and US models are different -- naturally! Thanks for the info.

DJ54: Please forward the UK hit info. Thanks.

Thanks for the UK info, DJ54. Right now I'm waiting to get my old radiator back from being recored/rebuilt and hoping that will resolve the problems. Also waiting on a quote from Eagle Tractor Parts on the used item they apparently have, just for info's sake.