Tractor
    international 3500a

Default hydraulics 3500a

i got a ih 3500a backhoe form a friend and changed the trans. filter because trans. wasn't working right and then lost the hydraulics. i can hardly get the bucket to raise and the hoe and the leggs dont work at all. when you try to lift the hoe you can see it try and then it stops and looks like it goes the other way. the bucket has a hard time going up, doesnt go up all at once have to work at it. you can rool the bucket but has no power. i put tractor hydraulic fluid in it because it has a hydrostatic transmission in it and i was told that thats what it took. does anyone have any other ideas that could be wrong. thanks

Tractor
    internal exstingaho back hole 3500 A siar

Default Re: hydraulics 3500a

I was told that if you mix two different hydraulic fluids together they will not work properly..... Try draining all the hydraulic fluids out and refill with only one type it might work good luck.....obb

Tractor
    INTERNATIONAL 3500A

Default Re: hydraulics 3500a

It sounds like the flow divider has stuck or is air bound, this can happen if you shut it down low on fluid and when you start it back up and the hydraulics go haywire. You have two hydraulic pumps and this combines the two.
    some of the hydraulics run on high pressure and some on low. On the bottom side of the gear case/hydraulic reservoir there is a big plug, not the drain plug but a flat plug that has an o-ring seal on it. With the motor off pull the plug and see if there is a spring and a small spool. If so you need to have someone turn the motor over it can run at a slow idle until hydraulic fluid comes out, put the spool and spring back in, it can be a little messy. When air gets in the system it happens and this is the only way I have found to get it going