Cold start issues? on a International 684

/ Cold start issues? on a International 684 #21  
I am looking for the fluid.

I went to change the oil yesterday and did not check on how much diesel and she ran dry, so it was a all day oil change. I did not want to damage my starter, so I bought one of those Mr gasket diesel fuel pumps and wired it in. Which was a good thing since the previous owner had the IGN switch wired all wrong. I have been meaning to get one of these pumps, since I have 5 diesels and my old IDI Ford Trucks only have a manuel pump, so when working on fuel system I can use this pump to save starters. Anyway, with the electric pump I discovered that the inlet fitting to the second bank of fuel filters was leaking, and is not worth repairing since the previous owner just used several layers of teflon tape to try and seal up the wore out threads. Need to get a new filter head, one that uses a good, cheap, and always available anywhere Fleetguard/fleetpride filter. I need to check today and see if the added fuel pressure will help on the cold start issues. I like this pump since if it is not on it still flows fuel, I just ran a switch and power comes from the IGN switch on the ignition terminal.

As far as the loader, I used the hold down bolt and the loader has plenty of power. No need for the HPCO, maybe later.

So, this looks like it touches on something I've been trying to figure out. I bought a 2250 loader for my 684, it's an older loader. It came with its own valve, not exactly a joystick but two levers mounted to a valve with its own in and out ports. Previous owner ran it by connecting the in and out hoses to the rear remote on his tractor, but the tractor was not running so he could not show me exactly how it worked. I got the loader brackets and valve mounted on my tractor, but when I just connect the in/out hoses to my rear remote and then connect the loader hoses to the valve outlets and try to operate the loader, nothing happens - no movement of any kind. From what I'm gathering on here, I need to lock the remote handle into position? Which position would that be, up or down? And, how do the hoses connect? Does the "in" hose go to the top remote connection or the botton one? Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for a power-beyond kit, but will need to find a used one for financial reasons, and it would really be nice to be able to operate the loader in the meantime. Also, will operating the loader in this fashion damage the hydraulic pump?