IH 2606 Industrial steering problem

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem #1  

Jeff Case

Tractor
IH 2606 Industrial
I bought this tractor at an auction.It did not run,and the front tires were turned all the way to the left. I got it home got it running.The hyrdrualics would not work,it was low on fluid. the thing had been sitting for over 8 years. So I drained the fluid openned the right side filter housing and cleaned the mesh screen,and changed the canister type filter behind the loader valves. I filled it full of fluid,now everything works accept the power steering. but if I use the loader to get the wait off of the front wheels the steering works. Also when I do the loader creeps down. I've changed the hand pump with a used one the seemed to be in better shape. Any advise?
Thanks,Jeff

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem #2  
I copied some exploded views of the 2606 power steering mechanism from Case/IH. Almost sounds like the flow divider valve may possibly sticking. Also included an exploded view of the pilot valve. These pics will help you locate these valves, and if you decide to open them up to clean, you'll know what to expect if you tear them apart.

Hope this helps..!!

2606 Flow Divider.gif2606 power steering mechanism.gif2606 steering pilot valve.gif

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem #3  
Oops, forgot the exploded view of the flow divider. In the system exploded view, #12 is the flow divider, and #27 is the pilot valve.

2606 flow divider valve.gif

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem
I took them both off and apart yesterday,but didn't find anything unusual.I'll get new orings today and put them back together. I suppose my next step will be the steering cylinder?

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem #5  
Normally the hand pump goes, your case I'd say it's the steering cylinder.

I would like to thank you all for the help.I signed up at another forum 2weeks ago and still haven't gotten a response to my question. I couldn't find the Orings today so I'll look again tomorrow. in the mean time I found out I had the wrong fluid in it(aw32)rookie mistake I guess. I've drained the fluid and taken all the lines apart and blown them out with air including the cylinders,handpump,and also got the proper filter. Could this be my whole problem? Or should I go ahead and rebuild the steering cylinder?

/ IH 2606 Industrial steering problem #7  
Don't suppose you access to an inline pressure gauge..??

No I wish I did