New to TBN Case 580 se w/cab and extendahoe restoration project

/ New to TBN Case 580 se w/cab and extendahoe restoration project #1  

henry101

Tractor
case 580se
Just purchased this machine and am working to get it operational after having been neglected and misused for many years.

Replaced the injector pump and right side king pin assy. along with all ball joints, rebuilding the steering cylinders today and am about to embark on oil and other fluid and filter changes. Have service manuals and am researching information and learning a lot, having only dealt with new machines in the past that only required regular maintenance.

Background is in most all forms of residential to light commercial construction/business development and the salt water marine industry. Know very little mechanically about diesel engines...but by default, I am learning.

If anyone has information about fluid change procedures for shuttle shift, hydraulic, or rear end or other please feel free to chime in. Have not had a chance to review these items in the threads but will go where directed.

The only stupid question is the question not asked.

/ New to TBN Case 580 se w/cab and extendahoe restoration project #2  
Welcome to TBN.

/ New to TBN Case 580 se w/cab and extendahoe restoration project
Thanks for the welcome...your tractor looks great. I Look forward to the well informed research this site can provide to help guide me through any questionable areas I am going to run into while working on this BH. If someone has questions for about my experiences so far with this project...

/ New to TBN Case 580 se w/cab and extendahoe restoration project #4  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Case-IH forum.