I have an old IH I need help identifing

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #1  

Knifer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey,JD 2010, International W6. '42 case
I believe it's a w-9 or w-6 I been buying parts for a super m for it. It was used back in the day at the local airport to move planes around. it has no hydraulics or PTO. But it has a huge trailer hitch

the serials on it is unreadable.

heres a couple pictures though

CAM00018.jpgCAM00019.jpg

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #2  
I'd say that was an International I6 (Industrial). Same engine as the M. Should be 248 cu. in. Supers had 264 cu. in.

All of the W series I have seen have McCormick-Deering on the grill badge, as does my OS6.

I did a quick check, and they were if I remember right, made from 1940, to 1953.

If you so a Google image search, there is a picture of a nice restored one, that is/was in an auction listing. I have seen pictures of them with loaders, front mounted cranes, etc.

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing
wow thanks man good info

I seen the yellow restored one I say I might have to go back yellow with it

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #4  
I believe it's a w-9 or w-6 I been buying parts for a super m for it. It was used back in the day at the local airport to move planes around. it has no hydraulics or PTO. But it has a huge trailer hitch

the serials on it is unreadable.

heres a couple pictures though

View attachment 283499View attachment 283500
Has anyone else noticed or am I the only person to see?:2cents: This meaningless expression ,back in the day?:thumbdown: What time was that ? An hour ago ?Two hours back in the day ? What day ?Today? YESTER day? It annoys the crap out of me:ashamed: (gives me the *****) that this EFFEN ghetto lingo, hip hop jargon, is beginning to be adopted by speakers of modern English language who actually know better than to mis-speak in this way. What you are struggling so hard to say is "back in the old days" . Right? Perhaps ten years -twenty years- thirty years or whatever time period you want to depict by that which you write or speak ! Or are we getting our education in the gutter these days. :mad:IF we cant speak properly how are you going to understand what is clear ,factual & concise from 50 years ago as you approach the task with an old manual TODAY? :confused:Particularly here under the topic of a respect for machinery of old where we attempt to preserve and sustain its practical application at working on our land. NOT to single out the individuals use of this 'expression'. Certainly to start some thinking about how we are saying what we mean. After all this is at the start of what we leave our future generations to refer to in their day; far ahead of our place today. WE are the authors of the new encyclopaedia. The fathers of the computer reference material that will be studied for answers. I for one believe it is our duty to make as much clearly written, informed,& accurate material that remains on the World Wide Web for our Great Grandchildren to know their world through . To pass on to those that follow them. This is today 1.28.14, the tip of the iceberg is now!:cool:

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #5  
P.S. A couple of things to say- Very 'cool' old tractor to coin another phrase. I learned to drive at 9 Y.O. on an Oliver 60 with the standard tractor front axle. As opposed to row crop,that is. A neat well made amazing little tractor that only needs hydraulics added to create a "better than any modern" compact tractor. Lastly I see its 4 years ago now & STILL like to add those serial numbers are permanent almost on the ali' tag.if they are going to lose the information by more than a careful wash and scrub with a soft plastic brush and detergent. Then the inside of the tag may hold the data in decipherable condition ? Barring extensive oxidation which simply etches the tag away. In the event the tag is whole but unreadable STILL, there are people who can use the tag to read it via an acidic process which raises the grain in the stamping visually and pass over their findings. From there new tags can be restamped and fitted to your tractor. (Primarily IH tractors I refer to.)

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #6  
Has anyone else noticed or am I the only person to see?:2cents: This meaningless expression ,back in the day?:thumbdown: What time was that ? An hour ago ?Two hours back in the day ? What day ?Today? YESTER day? It annoys the crap out of me:ashamed: (gives me the *****) that this EFFEN ghetto lingo, hip hop jargon, is beginning to be adopted by speakers of modern English language who actually know better than to mis-speak in this way. What you are struggling so hard to say is "back in the old days" . Right? Perhaps ten years -twenty years- thirty years or whatever time period you want to depict by that which you write or speak ! Or are we getting our education in the gutter these days. :mad:IF we cant speak properly how are you going to understand what is clear ,factual & concise from 50 years ago as you approach the task with an old manual TODAY? :confused:Particularly here under the topic of a respect for machinery of old where we attempt to preserve and sustain its practical application at working on our land. NOT to single out the individuals use of this 'expression'. Certainly to start some thinking about how we are saying what we mean. After all this is at the start of what we leave our future generations to refer to in their day; far ahead of our place today. WE are the authors of the new encyclopaedia. The fathers of the computer reference material that will be studied for answers. I for one believe it is our duty to make as much clearly written, informed,& accurate material that remains on the World Wide Web for our Great Grandchildren to know their world through . To pass on to those that follow them. This is today 1.28.14, the tip of the iceberg is now!:cool:

One more for the ignore list.

back in the day we'd talk face to face and I could punch you in the mouth and pay a five hundred fine and be done with you.

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #8  
back in the day we'd talk face to face and I could punch you in the mouth and pay a five hundred fine and be done with you.

:thumbsup:

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ I have an old IH I need help identifing #9  

I'm failing to see how 'back in the day' is any less time descriptive or specific than 'back in the good old days.' Maybe 'back in the good old days,' 'back in the good old days' indicated a specified time period (i.e. between July 26, 1923 and the outbreak of World War 2, or possibly some other general time period, such as the late '60's, man.) If you're a study of history in any sense of the word, you will realize that our languages have been evolving since we came out of the jungle and decided to stand upright. Your generation, whichever that may be, had no phrases that the older generation found to be unorthodox? I think not. The OP, by using the phrase 'back in the day,' I would say, is referring to an unknown period of time, long ago, and unfamiliar to him. He doesn't need to be any more specific for me to understand the point of his comment. Just a word of advice; picking apart simple comments because they're 'ghetto' or 'hip hop' isn't likely to get you far in your mission of preserving history. I hope you enjoy your time on here, although I doubt you will. Good day, sir.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

there is a pic of an old tractor, back in the day refers to the time period of the tractor. I always understand that when some one says it no matter the subject. I am a 40 year old white redneck posting on a tractor forum. I am not ghetto or hood. I enjoy old tractors and old cars.