Adding additional Hydraulic hookups?

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #1  

Birch Hill Farm

Bronze Member
Tractor
International 444
Im new to farming and tractor use so, this might be a dumb question. Can I add additional hydraulic hook ups to our International 444 to run implements that require hydraulic use? I would like to upgrade from our very old sickle bar to a newer disk mower that requires the hydraulics to raise and lower it from the horizontal position. Is this possible? I know some of the 444 had FEL so is there a way to utilize this ability for other implements or is it a different system for non FEL like our tractor? Thanks for the replys!

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #2  
Hi again i assume from your question you have no auxiliary hydraulic valves on the tractor at present??

To simply tip a trailer you can use the FEL tapping to provide a single acting service using the levers and control valves already on the tractor.

For extra service you can add 2 extra valves, single or double acting to the manifold on the l/hand side of the hydraulic housing under seat , behind your left knee.

I will find a parts layout with part no's and post later.!!!

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups?
Thanks for the information and reply! So, would a front end loader use the same controls as the 3 pt hitch lift?

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #4  
Yes, in its simplest form it could, but this will only give you 1 service, single acting to lift the loader, if you have gravity tip for bucket./fork o/k, if you have hydraulic tip/crowd on bucket then you need extra valves.

You can c still fit a loader valve bank and supply them from hitch valve, without fitting extra auxiliary valves on tractor.

Whats the serial no of your tractor ???

Last edited:
   / Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #5  
Birch hill farm see atts for info previously discussed, this should answer your questions

I have used the 444 European parts book as diagrams are clearer !!!!

Attachments

• Bradford tractor 444 Aux valve layout .pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,113
  • Bradford Tractor 444 Hydraulic lift hsg layout.jpg
    Bradford Tractor 444 Hydraulic lift hsg layout.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 11,921
  • Bradford Tractor 444 Vary touch Hydraulic valve layout.jpg
    Bradford Tractor 444 Vary touch Hydraulic valve layout.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6,131
Thanks for the information! So, the FEL tapping could be used to flip a hay disk mower from horizontal to vertical position?

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #7  
Yes providing it only needs a single acting service, ie: hydraulic one way, gravity or springs the other way.

Thanks for the schematics and information!

Revisiting an old thread. Im looking at getting a vermeer 504 roll baler to use with our international 444 just for a while until we get a bigger tractor. What hydraulic hook ups are needed to get this to work? I have not yet pursued adding additional hookups as I was asking about at the start of this thread but, with the purchase of the baler I will need to. Thanks for any info on this.

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #10  
What services does your baler need??? As the tractor was only designed to support 2 services!!also when built the systems were not really meant to be used as a continuous flow/return system ??