trading 50 hrs kubota in on case

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
i have a kubota 7040sude fel 4x4 loaded rear tires cast centers 2 rear remotes open station gear tranny i bought the tractor new i got 52 hrs on it with a few dings in it should i trade it in on a case 75A i like the front diff lock the extra 1000ibs weight of the case the kubota doesnt do what i want of it the tractor will not pull a 16'' whole tree about 50 to 60 foot long

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #2  
Sounds like a nice tractor someone will be getting.

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #3  
I'll take it. I should get a good deal since its such a piece of junk. How does $10k sound?

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #4  
Sounds to me like:
A. You just don't like the Kubota.
B. You don't know how to skid lumber. ( different color tractor probably won't help this)
C. You have more money to toss around than most of us.

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #5  
This sure sounds familiar.

Last edited:
   / trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #6  
Ballast the Kubota up to the weight of the Case, and it will pull a log just as large as the Case can pull. Are you lifting the butt of the log off the ground before you attempt to pull it?

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #7  
Sounds to me like:
A. You just don't like the Kubota.
B. You don't know how to skid lumber. ( different color tractor probably won't help this)
C. You have more money to toss around than most of us.

I agree.

Wife and son already have 50hrs on the new Deere and they're just getting use to it, maybe you need more seat time. Good luck with a completely India built CaseIH. The 5140 gave my late FIL a fit when it was new, lots of service calls, the problems with it seem to be pretty be worked out now.

TractorData.com CaseIH Farmall 75A tractor information

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case
yes im lifting it off the ground the butt end i been skidding loggs along time most of its traction been dragging logs since my tween yrs im in my mid 30s first time using an ag tractor to drag well the whole tree i ask kubota bout more cast weights they said no thanks for you folks help

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #9  
Oh my god. After all this time, questions, complaining, you are finally going to do what you should have done in the first place, what you always were going to do: just buy another Case. Do you remember back when you first started posting and people said, "Sheesh. If you like Case so much, why don't you just buy another one?" What a total waste of time this entire venture has been.

/ trading 50 hrs kubota in on case #10  
Ballast the Kubota up to the weight of the Case, and it will pull a log just as large as the Case can pull.

Don't be silly. Adding ballast to the tractor? Far better to just buy a new tractor.

Don't waste your time giving Case245 advice on how to make his tractor work better. Just say, "Sheesh. You're right. You should buy a Case." I mean, haven't you heard about his Case245 that he has had since he was eleven years old, that never had an oil or filter change the whole time, that could pull a house off its foundation and lift a full-size truck clean off the ground with the loader? What modern tractor could possibly match that?

Status
Not open for further replies.