Oil & Fuel D414 leaking oil out of exhaust

/ D414 leaking oil out of exhaust #1  

farmallboy1980

Tractor
International
Hey everyone. I just put an inframe kit (piostons, rings, sleeves, bearings) in my D414 and had a shop grind valves, put new injector tubes and surface the head. I put about 10 hours on it and all of the sudden it started to run a little rough, lose a little power and throw considerably more greyish black smoke out the exhast. I had about 70 psi oil pressure and the temperature did not get above half (which is how this tractor has always run). I drove it across the field and parked it and there is a pretty good amount of engine oil leaking out of the exhaust manifold where the muffler attaches. Anyone have an idea of what is going on??? I would imagine that the new head gasket blew but am not sure? There is little to no blow by out of the tube. All ideas are appreciated!!
Tom

/ D414 leaking oil out of exhaust #2  
Are you sure it is engine oil, or blackened raw fuel. I had an injector go bad on my MF 180, and when I saw what I thought was engine oil, was actually raw fuel, blackened by carbon out of the manifold.

/ D414 leaking oil out of exhaust #3  
Change the thermostat, block part of the radiator, do whatever you need to do to get the coolant temp up to an actual 180-200 degrees F and run the crap out of it for 10-20 hours. You are trying real hard to glaze the cylinder walls and are doing nothing to get the new piston rings to seat.
You are heading down the road to killing a fresh overhaul with kindness.