Case 530 and electrical.

/ Case 530 and electrical. #1  

beeze455

Tractor
Case 530CK
Done a lot to this beast and now it is time for the electrical. It currently only has an alternator with no wires. I would like to have the alernator charge the battery and run some lights. Do I need a voltage regualtor between the alternator and battery? Can I just run lights right from the battery or should I do it from the alternator?

/ Case 530 and electrical. #2  
Since you have an alternator I assume it is not original. You will need to check the alternator to know if and which voltage regulator to get. Better deal and near the same money is go buy a rebuilt single wire delco alternator. You connect one wire from the alternator to the battery and you are done. Should be less than $50 for a 35 amp alternator.

/ Case 530 and electrical.
Since you have an alternator I assume it is not original. You will need to check the alternator to know if and which voltage regulator to get. Better deal and near the same money is go buy a rebuilt single wire delco alternator. You connect one wire from the alternator to the battery and you are done. Should be less than $50 for a 35 amp alternator.

Yea, I think it is actually charger. I am going to convert it to an alternator. I am liking this single wire delco alternator idea. Should only need to make a bracket unless somebody knows of one that fits.