Brakes on International 574

/ Brakes on International 574 #1  

joeander

Tractor
International 574
Have a International 574; can't seem to get any brake pressure; have tried bleeding; no luck; any suggestions....Joeander

/ Brakes on International 574 #2  
Is on both, or just one..?? Below is an exploded view of your brakes. Click on it, and it will enlarge. If it is just one of them, might be either #24 or #29, depending on which wheel. These are orifices, and screens. Maybe contaminated, and plugged..?? And if just one, maybe the master cylinder..?? Each wheel has one, #5, I believe.

Or if both, #25 is the equalizer for both brakes.

Don't have one, or never worked on one, just trying to see where trouble spots may be in the brake system, from this exploded view.

574 Brakes.gif

/ Brakes on International 574 #3  
how are you bleeding them?there is a procedure.

/ Brakes on International 574 #4  
Sorry to hear you have brake problems, a fairly common issue on these machines!!:eek::eek:
I have attached a document which should help you solve the problem??, any further questions come back to us on the forum:cool::cool:

Attachments

• 674 Loss of Brakes.pdf
    463.5 KB · Views: 2,542
   / Brakes on International 574
cyrus; thanks for data; on page 2 you mentioned "warm transmission oil", auto or tractor? On page 6 bleeding procedure; you mentional dump hose; where and what is dump hose/

tHANKS AGAIN
JOEANDER

/ Brakes on International 574
cyrus; thanks for data; on page 2 you mentioned "warm transmission oil", auto or tractor? On page 6 bleeding procedure; you mentional dump hose; where and what is dump hose/

tHANKS AGAIN
JOEANDER

/ Brakes on International 574 #7  
Warming transmission oil, refers to using warm oil to top up the plastic hoses used on the seal leakage test. Pouring warm oil into tubes will allow air in oil to rise quickly to the top of the tubes so you get aset level, (saves time!!).

Dump hose, sorry !! Confusion of terms, this is the return hose that goes from top of spaghetti pipe to top of gearbox as shown in diagram!!

/ Brakes on International 574 #8  
some additional information to help !!

Attachments

• 74, 85 & 85 series brake layout_edited-1.jpg
    74, 85 & 85 series brake layout_edited-1.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 2,970
   / Brakes on International 574 #9  
have a problem with my brakes also, have changed the o ring in the pistons on both sides in the back. before this only right side could work for some hours when bleed. No I dont get any pressure on either of the pedals, have tried everything in the pdf listes above, with no result. have tried the clear plastic hose with oil where the break pipes go onto the axel, stood all day and night, was not emty..tried to blow with my breath into the same hose, feels like it is no leak.

so what can be the problem on this tractor then?

/ Brakes on International 574 #10  
I am having the same problem right now.I bled the brakes with both pedals locked did not try separately so i will try that.