1st post, Case power shuttle box repair.

/ 1st post, Case power shuttle box repair. #1  

Speedo

Tractor
Case 580c
Just found this site and I hope that I might get a little help here. I'm retired and I used to turn wrenches for a living but there were some broken parts and I'd like to make sure that I don't have to take it apart again.
A friend brought me a power shuttle box out of his Case 580c. It was partially disassembled and I'd like to put it back together for him but he lost his manual in a house fire. When they decided that it needed to come out it went forward regardless of lever position. They talked to a tech and figured that the forward clutch was probably welded. I took it apart and found the Bellville spring for the fwd clutch was in about 20-30 pieces and had wedged themselves together and were holding the clutch applied. Once I got the snap ring out everything freed up but it had cracked the piston. He bought parts but in the interim some things had gotten moved and never did see which way the spring was supposed to go. Its a Warner Gear power shuttle box. This is a parts break down of the box.

Parts for Case 580C Loader Backhoes

Thanks,
Gus

/ 1st post, Case power shuttle box repair. #2  
Go to Heavy Equipment Forums - lots of Case experts