Cutting an exhaust hole in hood- IH 460 utility

/ Cutting an exhaust hole in hood- IH 460 utility #1  

kbforester

Tractor
International 460 Utility
Hi All,

I'm converting a horizontal exhaust IH 460 utility to a vertical exhaust. I need to cut a hole in the hood though.... how should I go about marking out the placement of the hole? I don't see any easy way other than getting close... and making the whole extra wide. I don't really want to do that.

Does anyone have a 460 that they could take measurements off of? Thought it was worth a shot to ask. Thanks!

/ Cutting an exhaust hole in hood- IH 460 utility #2  
kbforester said:
Hi All,

I'm converting a horizontal exhaust IH 460 utility to a vertical exhaust. I need to cut a hole in the hood though.... how should I go about marking out the placement of the hole? I don't see any easy way other than getting close... and making the whole extra wide. I don't really want to do that.

Does anyone have a 460 that they could take measurements off of? Thought it was worth a shot to ask. Thanks!

Pull the hood off, rough in the new exhaust then take detailed measurements of its location. Pull the exhaust back off, set the hood in place, transfer the measurements and you are good to go.