Tractor
    International 460 Utility

Default Cutting an exhaust hole in hood- IH 460 utility

Hi All,

I'm converting a horizontal exhaust IH 460 utility to a vertical exhaust. I need to cut a hole in the hood though.... how should I go about marking out the placement of the hole? I don't see any easy way other than getting close... and making the whole extra wide. I don't really want to do that.

Does anyone have a 460 that they could take measurements off of? Thought it was worth a shot to ask. Thanks!

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by kbforester
    Hi All,

I'm converting a horizontal exhaust IH 460 utility to a vertical exhaust. I need to cut a hole in the hood though.... how should I go about marking out the placement of the hole? I don't see any easy way other than getting close... and making the whole extra wide. I don't really want to do that.

Does anyone have a 460 that they could take measurements off of? Thought it was worth a shot to ask. Thanks!
    Pull the hood off, rough in the new exhaust then take detailed measurements of its location. Pull the exhaust back off, set the hood in place, transfer the measurements and you are good to go.

God must love stupid people; He made so many