Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #1  

farmerwantab

Tractor
Case 530 loader
Hi, If anyone has a tractor like mine I could use some help. after having a cylinder rebuilt on my 3 point hoe I now have no hydraulics at all at the rear hitch. I don't know if the rear is seperate from the loader hyd. and low on fluid or if its just air but I'v been trying to bleed it all day and no results. I think the rear hitch arms work off of a spool valve under the hood like the pic, something may be wrong with that but before changing the cylinder it was working fine. any help would be appericated.
Thanks

Attachments

• case 1.jpg
    case 1.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 2,927
  • case 2.jpg
    case 2.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 3,458
  • case 3.jpg
    case 3.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 2,548
  • case 4.jpg
    case 4.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 4,158
   / Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #2  
The reservoir for your 3 pt. arms hydraulics, is in the torque tube. Your 3rd picture showing the battery, shuttle shift, etc. shows the breather for that reservoir, between the battery, and shift lever. I had a 310B, but basically the same thing, different engine.

It is located right behind the upright for the loader arm. Kind of a bear to get to with the loader on.

Can't remember if there is a dipstick, or check plug for oil level.

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #3  
Here is a link that hopefully will be pretty useful for you.
Case 530CK - Tractor Specs

Look to the left when the page opens,and click on manuals. Downloadable repair, and parts manuals for the tractor, loader, and backhoe.

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #4  
That listing of manuals even has the Op. manual,and shows the location of the hydraulic reservoir location, and capacity. It would be in the second section containing 40 pages. Capacity is 16 qts., by the way...

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem
Thanks DJ, there is a plug there with a dipstick and I already downloaded and printed those manuals
but wasn't quite sure what fluid went in there so now it looks like Case TCH. I've been using Travelers brand Universal Trans/Hydraulic oil for the loader, do you think that would be OK or should I go to the Case dealer. Also there is a plug right under the front of the seat that is not in the manual as far as I can see
but is full of oil...not quite sure what that is.
Thanks Again

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #6  
The Travelers should be fine, probably much better than what was available back when the 430 was new. If you find what they used back in the day, in the manual you downloaded, probably was non-det. 20wt.

The plug in front of the seat, to the left is for the differential. 90wt. for that.

Thanks for all your help I'll let you know how I make out.

That was it! Everything works fine, it took almost 7 qts. I think in the spring I'm going to change all the fluids and start out fresh.
Thanks

/ Case 530 ID and Hydraulic problem #9  
Glad you got it going..!!

There is a hydraulic filter there in the mid section to replace also.