52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge?

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge? #1  

TNSuperC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmall Super C, Ford 3600
SuperC_Hydraulic_Cylinder.JPG

This is the left side of the tractor. I've circled a sending unit and wire that has been cut. What is this and where did it go? I have an old I&T shop manual that mentions a "heat indicator sending unit" but it doesn't give any further description nor is it shown in the exploded view. If this went to a gauge, where was the gauge mounted?

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge? #2  
I get a little mixed up with out going out and looking at my C, But if memory serves that is the touch control hydraulic temp sending unit. If that is the left side of the tractor while looking at it you have a Fast hitch equipped tractor that has the draw works connected to the lift arms on the "touch Control". Above the steering shaft while you are in the seat are two levers, moving one or the other swings two arm through an arc. this hydraulic unit had a gauge above the levers that ran to the hydraulic unit .

You can get the part from Stiener tractor online, and you can get better manuals from Jen sales online to. These manuals cover the original operators manuals and they have pictures of the controls and such

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge? #3  
looks like a good tractor to, please post some pictures.

You may also try Red Power magazine and online forum, they are all about the IH tractors

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge? #4  
looks like a good tractor to, please post some pictures.

You may also try Red Power magazine and online forum, they are all about the IH tractors

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge?
Yes that is what it is. Thanks! I'd never seen this gauge on a C before. I like the Steiner site because they show you where the part goes on the tractor. Here is a picture of my Super C.

52_SuperC.JPG

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge? #6  
Nice looking Super C.!! I have two, but both tricycle, and Fast Hitch. Did someone put 3 pt. on yours??

Handy sized tractor for as lot of jobs, and EZ on gas..!!

/ 52 Super C Hydraulic Cylinder Gauge?
52_SuperC_3pt_Hitch.JPG
SuperC_Ford_Plow1.JPG
Thanks. I bought the tractor that way. I used it this past weekend to turn about a half acre and the 3pt worked fine. I was able to adjust my old Ford 2-12" plow pretty close.

Last edited: