DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on #1  

DANOCHEESE

Gold Member
DX35 Glow plug light stays on I can hear the relay clicking trying to turn it off. Is this a bad glow plug relay or is this the timer relay? May be a toss up. The glow plug light does eventually go out.

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on #2  
I would check to see if you are getting power to the glow plugs when this is happening. This will tell you if it is a sticky timer or not. I've had relays "stick" in automotive applications before, so this wouldn't be the first time that this has happened. I know you can get the relay here: Replacement Parts - DX35 - DX Series Tractors - Case/IH

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on
I start it and the light starts blinking and you can hear a relay clicking, does this circuit work like htis

Timer comes on and tells relay to engage glow plugs after timer expires it de-energizes the relay.

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on #4  
According to the wiring diagram that I have, the timer relay sends power to the power relay. I would use a test light to see which one is sticking. Looking at the wiring diagram, it could be either one.

Pedalstomper I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the help

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on #6  
No problem!!! Let me know the results!

It turned out to be the timer relay. Took it to the dealer, too busy at work and snow was coming. No ideas what it will cost. I nw the part are about $90 They are a great dealer so I'm not worried.

/ DX35 Glow Plug Light sticking on #8  
As long as it's getting fixed...that's what really matters!