reducing PTO speed

/ reducing PTO speed #1  

GCHASE

Tractor
Case 7250
I have a Case Magnum 7250 tractor with a 1000 rpm pto. I wish to run a rotary hoe that operates on 540 rpm.. Is there a reduction gear box to do this that can be fitted on the tractor?

/ reducing PTO speed #2  
I am not familiar with your tractor, but have you checked with a dealer? With my tractor I need to switch out the actual pto shaft. The different shafts must engage with different gearing inside. It's not a big deal to do.

/ reducing PTO speed #3  
I have a Case Magnum 7250 tractor with a 1000 rpm pto. I wish to run a rotary hoe that operates on 540 rpm.. Is there a reduction gear box to do this that can be fitted on the tractor?

I'm pretty certain you can put a 2 speed PTO unit from a smaller Magnum tractor in your 7250. Call a knowledgeble CaseIH dealer or salvage yard like Abeline Machine or Worthington.

/ reducing PTO speed #4  
I have run in to this very thing and the only option was a different rear unit that had both a 540 and 1000 pto and can be found at salvage yards but not easily
The farmer opted to not go through the hassle and only used the tractor for heavy tilling although his was a big horse tractor

/ reducing PTO speed #5  
Do you have the HP to just idle the tractor down? Neigborused to run his JD 4840 on our 540 RPM silage blower with no problems. Just make sure someone does not operate the machine that does not understand why you are runing at 1/3 throttle or so.