Oil & Fuel farmall 95 air in prefilter

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #1  

underwood tire

Tractor
ih
I am new here so i hope this is not a repost.
I have a farmall 95 with 200 hr on it. When the tractor is running i can see air in the diesel inline prefilter. I can't seem to get it to clear up. I don't seem to have a restriction, and it runs fine. I feel like i am going to cavatate the AE pump if I don't get it cleared up. Any advice would be great.
Joe

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #3  
I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem but hopefully someone comes around soon that can. There are a lot of very smart people on here but they sometimes miss posts or don't have time to check often. Good luck, I am looking at buying a 95 myself. How do you like yours so far? Any other issues you have had? And welcome to TBN.

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter
great tractor, i want it to last so i want to maintain it. no big issues, a am looking for some rear wheel weights too. i had a 856 for about 12 years she was a hoss. i am at the age i was ready for a cab.
thanks for your post

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #5  
Underwood, is there any way you can send a quick pic of the setup? I think I know which one that you're talking about, but I'm not 100%.

Underwood, is there any way you can send a quick pic of the setup? I think I know which one that you're talking about, but I'm not 100%.

it is the clear, inline filter, before the main canister filter. sorry no pics at this time.

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #7  
I wouldn't worry about it in that filter honestly. Unless the tractor starts running rough or showing signs of fuel starvation, I wouldn't worry about it. That filter pulls from the center to go to the injection pump and I believe that there is a bit of a "straw" that sticks down into the center of the filter media. Otherwise, you would just have to take the top hose off to bleed any air out of it.

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #8  
I have a Farmall 95 & the clear prefilter on it always has about 1/4" of air at the top of the filter. Mine has just over 900hrs & I haven't had any problems with the fuel system. I had to change mine within the first 100 hrs because it was plugged up & I was told by the dealer that they added the small clear filters because of pieces of plastic trimmings front the fuel tank getting into the fuel system. I cut the old one open to see what was in it & sure enough it was plugged plastic trimmings.

well took the tractor to the dealer, they replaced the lift pump and no more air. they also replaced some fuel lines from the tank, but the tec. said that the air cleared up when they replaced the lift pump. also had some other things done to her why it was still under warranty.

/ farmall 95 air in prefilter #10  
Are you happy with your Farmall 95? I'm thinking of getting one for harvesting hay, plowing and discing. What do you use your tractor for? Has it been reliable?