Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    ih

Default farmall 95 air in prefilter

I am new here so i hope this is not a repost.
    I have a farmall 95 with 200 hr on it. When the tractor is running i can see air in the diesel inline prefilter. I can't seem to get it to clear up. I don't seem to have a restriction, and it runs fine. I feel like i am going to cavatate the AE pump if I don't get it cleared up. Any advice would be great.
    Joe

Tractor
    ih

Default Re: farmall 95 air in prefilter

ttt
    thanks

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem but hopefully someone comes around soon that can. There are a lot of very smart people on here but they sometimes miss posts or don't have time to check often. Good luck, I am looking at buying a 95 myself. How do you like yours so far? Any other issues you have had? And welcome to TBN.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    ih

great tractor, i want it to last so i want to maintain it. no big issues, a am looking for some rear wheel weights too. i had a 856 for about 12 years she was a hoss. i am at the age i was ready for a cab.
    thanks for your post

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Underwood, is there any way you can send a quick pic of the setup? I think I know which one that you're talking about, but I'm not 100%.

Tractor
    ih

Quote Originally Posted by pedalstomper78 View Post
    Underwood, is there any way you can send a quick pic of the setup? I think I know which one that you're talking about, but I'm not 100%.
    it is the clear, inline filter, before the main canister filter. sorry no pics at this time.

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

I wouldn't worry about it in that filter honestly. Unless the tractor starts running rough or showing signs of fuel starvation, I wouldn't worry about it. That filter pulls from the center to go to the injection pump and I believe that there is a bit of a "straw" that sticks down into the center of the filter media. Otherwise, you would just have to take the top hose off to bleed any air out of it.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800 w/1600 hrs., Case Farmall 95 w/800 hrs., Long 2510 w/1100 hrs, Cat 236B2 Skidsteer w/1000 hrs

I have a Farmall 95 & the clear prefilter on it always has about 1/4" of air at the top of the filter. Mine has just over 900hrs & I haven't had any problems with the fuel system. I had to change mine within the first 100 hrs because it was plugged up & I was told by the dealer that they added the small clear filters because of pieces of plastic trimmings front the fuel tank getting into the fuel system. I cut the old one open to see what was in it & sure enough it was plugged plastic trimmings.

Tractor
    ih

well took the tractor to the dealer, they replaced the lift pump and no more air. they also replaced some fuel lines from the tank, but the tec. said that the air cleared up when they replaced the lift pump. also had some other things done to her why it was still under warranty.

Tractor
    Case IH Farmall 95

Are you happy with your Farmall 95? I'm thinking of getting one for harvesting hay, plowing and discing. What do you use your tractor for? Has it been reliable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast