International 2444

/ International 2444 #1  

Clark66

Tractor
Ford9n
I went to install a new temperature sender and gauge, old one was shot. Long story short, after soaking and heating with a torch it happened, yep, the brass fitting snapped right off flush with I think is the thermostat housing? This is what my other problem is, what is the exact name of the part the sender threads into? the top radiator hose elbows right down on top of this part and I cant seem to find the part ony any search. It is a gas c153 engine. Was thinking of maybe trying to drill the rest of the brass fitting out and maybe re-tap but thought just replacing this part may be eaiser(if I knew where to find one). Anyone know where to find this part? or any advice is appreciated-Thank you

/ International 2444 #2  
i cant believe i found this thread,i just replaced mine Saturday.Friday i bought the gauge and sender unit,went home and to remove old one.i got the sender out with no problem,put a socket on the bushing and 1/2 drive ratchet and she wouldn't move so got a breaker bar and cranked it and it also snapped off maybe 1/8 inch sticking out.i called this guy i know that repairs tractors for a living he came out on Saturday.we took my torch and heated the bushing red hot,took a easy out and it came right out,hope this helps you.Ron

/ International 2444
i cant believe i found this thread,i just replaced mine Saturday.Friday i bought the gauge and sender unit,went home and to remove old one.i got the sender out with no problem,put a socket on the bushing and 1/2 drive ratchet and she wouldn't move so got a breaker bar and cranked it and it also snapped off maybe 1/8 inch sticking out.i called this guy i know that repairs tractors for a living he came out on Saturday.we took my torch and heated the bushing red hot,took a easy out and it came right out,hope this helps you.Ron

Thanks, just bought an easy-out, gonna get it real hot and try it out and I finally found a place that has a replacement (wengers) after more searching on this site -I bellive its called a "water outlet elbow".

/ International 2444 #4  
get the bushing red hot not what it is threaded into,just get that hot and use a long extension and she should come out.glad i could help.Ron
Thanks, just bought an easy-out, gonna get it real hot and try it out and I finally found a place that has a replacement (wengers) after more searching on this site -I bellive its called a "water outlet elbow".

/ International 2444 #5  
Here is the part number for your water outlet elbow, according to Case/IH pasrts website. 367679R1 It was used on several different models. You can copy and paste this number to a search enginesuch as Google, and get more than several hits.

Not sure what Wenger's wants for one, but there is one on ebay for $27.50. Then again I'm sure Wenger's guarantee's their parts.

/ International 2444 #6  
let me know how everything turns out Ron.
I went to install a new temperature sender and gauge, old one was shot. Long story short, after soaking and heating with a torch it happened, yep, the brass fitting snapped right off flush with I think is the thermostat housing? This is what my other problem is, what is the exact name of the part the sender threads into? the top radiator hose elbows right down on top of this part and I cant seem to find the part ony any search. It is a gas c153 engine. Was thinking of maybe trying to drill the rest of the brass fitting out and maybe re-tap but thought just replacing this part may be eaiser(if I knew where to find one). Anyone know where to find this part? or any advice is appreciated-Thank you

/ International 2444
Finally got to the tractor and heated the crap out of the snapped off bushing. I first had sprayed it again with some pb blaser then after heating it up and taking the easy out to it, with not too much effort, it came out, thank god. I had first started to try to drill on the edge of the old bushing about 1/8 inch deep but forced mysely to stop before I really ruined everything and waited till I got the easy out. Should be fine with a little teflon tape. Thanks for everyones help-great site for all of these old tractors-Chris

Attachments

• 2444.JPG
    2444.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 308
   / International 2444 #10  
glad you got it fixed,that's a good feeling when bushing starts coming out.Ron