Loader 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE #1  

OLIVE GREEN

Tractor
3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER
ANYONE KNOW WHY MY HYDRAULIC FLUID LEAKS OUT FROM SOMETHING ON TOP OF THE TANK THAT LOOKS LIKE A VENT WHEN THE LOADER IS DROPPED?IS THIS A CHECK VALVE THAT ALLOWS AIR TO ENTER THE TANK,BUT NOT TO ESCAPE?

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE #2  
Maybe overfilled the tank, or oil is foaming..??

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE
I TOOK THE ITEN OFF THE TANK TO CHECK IT OUT,IT SEEMS TO BE A VENT ONLY.I SEE THAT I'M LEAKING HYDRAULIC FLUID FROM ONE OF MY LOADER CYLINDERS ON THE GLAND.WHICH TELLS ME THE O-RINGS ARE SHOT.SO WHAT I THINK IS HAPPENING IS'S SUCKING IN AIR AND PUSHING IT BACK TO THE TANK,WHICH CAUSES IT TO OVER FLOW OUT THE VENT.AS LONG AS THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE O-RINGS I CAN GET THEM FROM MCMASTER CARR.NEXT I LIKE TO CHANGE THE SEAT,ONLY COLD METAL LEFT THERE NOW.PROBLEM IS I'M NOT SURE HOW THE PINS COME OUT OF THE PIVET POINT UNDER THE SEAT.

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE #4  
On My 3414 which as no shuttle shift , but has a PTO for driving a brush hog and also has a front loader and has the BC 144 the Hyrdrulic oil filler tank in over the top of the motor . I open the hatch and then it has a big lid for the Hydrulic oil filter and thats thats where you add oil . Right next to it is the gas filler for the gas tank . Now as for a vent I havent seen one on my tractor . I also had 3 cyclinders leaking really really bad but it never spit back up oil over the filler cap . Most likely one of your cyclinders is not getting any oil at all and its acting like a air pump , so when it compresses it just shoves air back into the system . I would have to add oil to keep the system charged so my front loader would work . As bad as it did leak i dont think it would suck air past the worn seals . BUAM Hydrulics sells the cyclinder/seal kits for about 20.00 per cyclinder . International was going to charge me 340.00 per set . If u need help on how to rebilud your cyclinders let me know and i will tell u how and what to expect becuase u can damamge the seals when reinstalling . Also remeber under your seat there is also a valve control system for the use of a remote. Make sure u open it up so any remianing fliud will drain back into sytem under the seat . Under the seat theres about 5 gallons of Hydrulic fliud . So on this tractor theres 2 places where hydrulic fluid is stored and used, 1 over the engine . 2 under the seat .

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE #5  
Does the loader lift evenly or is it jumpy?

LOADER LIFTS FINE.I CHANGED OUT THE O-RINGS ON THE GLAND ALONG WITH A NEW WIPER SEAL.I'LL SEE HOW THAT WORKS OUT.LOOKING AT THE HYDRAULIC FLUID WHEN I CHANGED THE O-RINGS WAS KINDA WHITISH LIKE WATER MAY HAVE MIXED IN,BUT AFTER IT SAT IT DIDNT SEPERATE.SO I'M THINKING MY NEXT MOVE IS TO DRAIN THE FLUID AND ADD NEW.BUT THATS WHEN THE WEATHER WARMS UP.

HAS ANYONE REMOVED THE SEAT?MINE IS ALL METAL NOW.LOL.WANT TO PUT A NEW SEAT ON,BUT NOT SURE HOW THE PINS ARE REMOVED.

/ 3414 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER GAS BC144 ENGINE #8  
Cled, Would you have any cylinder number or seal kit numbers for the Baum seal kit for the 3414 loader cylinder. I cant find any numbers on the barrel of the cylinder other than RC6 located at the end of the barrel. Im told there should be more numbers than that. I need to rebuild the loader cylinders and maybe down the road the bucket cylinders. Thank you in advance