Case 485 diesel problem

/ Case 485 diesel problem #1  

2006gmcdmax

Gold Member
Tractor
Many but mostly ford diesels or ihc or jds
I'm about to purchase a 485 case. This case was a county tractor has about 2000 hours on it everything works on it no issues. The man that owns the tractor grand kids cut grass with it in the summer an they left the fuel cap off of it and of course rain got in it. Anyways it fires right up runs perfect for about 20 minutes then kind of bogs down. He's changed te filters and all put new fuel in it and all. What should I do to fix this pull the tank and clean it and clean the fuel system also?

/ Case 485 diesel problem #2  
That should clear the problem for you!

/ Case 485 diesel problem
I mean it just runs too good cranks rights up you think the injectors and all are fine

He's asking 3000 for it so I'm stealing it basically and I need a good 50 horse tractr

/ Case 485 diesel problem #5  
In order to help u i need to know which version of the model u have is it a non cab m/c with a ROPS frame, L type straddle cab or the deluxe XL flat deck cab??

It has rops no cab

/ Case 485 diesel problem #7  
It is a steal at that price. I would totally drain the tank, rinse, repeat. All filters again and possibly blow out the lines to make sure.

Yeah I hope it's not rusted in the injection pump though only thing that worries me but I well I see they go for 7-8 k only cosmetics this one needs is that fiber glass grill needs fixing

/ Case 485 diesel problem #9  
Here is some info to help !!!

Attachments

• Fuel Injection Pump excess fuel & stop..pdf
    426 KB · Views: 299
  • 74series 2500A diesel fuel pipe layout.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 672
  • IH Fuel Problems 74-85Lseries.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 318
Ok maybe that will help I appreciate it