case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine #1  

ryan2020

Tractor
580c case
just bought a case 580c backhoe. got it home found that the head gasket was blown. tore the head off and found the the gasket had been bad for a a long time. it ate away at the cyl head and block. there is a huge void in the steel block between the front two cyl walls. is there does anyone know of a place that sells a used complete engine or a conversion kit to put maybe a cummings 4bt. i am looking for the cheapest route. i don't use it enough to justify buying a new complete engine. thanx. ryan

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine #2  
Schaefer Enterprises Inc. - Loader Backhoes Forklifts

Not next door for you but having been on site this company impressed me as on the up and up.

Because of the price of used ones is really spread out have you thought about starting over and buying a working backhoe. What makes you think the rest of the drive line, pump and hydraulics are better than the engine?

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine
hawk. great thought on the other factors of the equipment. however it did start, run and operate. (even though it has the massive hole between cylinders). i did move it and operate it just for just a little while. everthing seemed strong. for a 70's model hoe. thanx for the link

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine #4  
I'd think a good engine rebuild shop could steer you towards someone that could weld that back up, and machine it to specs. Maybe call Southeastern Eq. in Cambridge, and see if they would know of someone.

Probably too far for you, but Columbus Cold Weld does that kind of stuff, but pricey. Although may be a LOT cheaper than a different engine. Just a thought....

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine
dj54... thanx for your info!

/ case 580c Blow Head Gasket need engine #6  
Are the pistons showing any burn marks form the cylinders swapping fire?

How wide and deep is the burned gap in the block?

DJ54 is on the right track I expect.