Buying Advice Experience and Pricing on Farmall 85U or 95U

/ Experience and Pricing on Farmall 85U or 95U #1  

verdanthills

Tractor
Case IH Farmall 95
I was originally looking to buy a Kubota M7040 HDC for harvesting hay on a 20 acre plot and maintaining grazing pastures on a 55 acre area.

A friend suggested the Farmall 85U or 95U. Was wondering if others have either of these tractors and can comment on their experience. I would also be interested on pricing info for these models.

As a general Case question, how does Case pricing compare to JD, Kubota, and NH?

Thanks!

/ Experience and Pricing on Farmall 85U or 95U #2  
Case and NH are usually quite similar considering they are both owned by the same parent company. From what I've seen, the Case/IH is cheaper than the JD but I haven't priced a Kubota. I've always liked the Case stuff.
I have a friend with a 95u and he uses it for a grain buggy and for some hay and he loves it.

/ Experience and Pricing on Farmall 85U or 95U
Thanks. I just ordered a Farmall 95 instead of the "U" model. I went with something simpler and cheaper which fits my needs better. I'm sure all the electronic bells and whistles would have been worth it if I was farming full time and spending a lot of time on the tractor. I'll probably put 100-150 hours a year on the machine so I'm going for simplicity and longevity.

I'll post when I take delivery.