1945 Farmall A

/ 1945 Farmall A #1  

Jerry Stevens

Tractor
1945 Farmall A & 1965 Ford 5000
Hello, I'm new to this site so go easy on me. I just bought a 1945 Farmall A to fix up for use around the place. I need to do a few things to it before I take it apart to restore. 1.) I need tighten up the steering. It's not bad but the yoke or whatever you call it that connects the two tie rods is wired on. I can't seem to find a replacement at any of the tractor parts stores. 2.) It has the wrong seat on it. I believe it has a Cub seat/spring on it. Do I need to find a doner tractor to get an original one? 3.) The PTO shaft or handle is missing. I assume they took it off to make the Cub seat fit. Donor again?

Any help from anybody that knows more about these then me would be a big help. Thanks.

Jerry

/ 1945 Farmall A #2  
You will have to find used parts junkyard to get this stuff as it is not in stores!---aftermarket suppliers will have most of what you want, (try stieners, or comperable places)---just got a SA myself with major damage to it and its a bear to figure which end to start on!LOL! thanks; sonny580

/ 1945 Farmall A
Thanks Sonny and Gary! Good info!

/ 1945 Farmall A #5  
We have a local tractor supply place that has lots of things for old tractors, some is even new, old, stock. They've been full of surprises over the years! The name is Hand's Farm Supply, in Fultonville NY. Their phone # 518-922-6121. If they have it and can't/won't ship it, shoot me a private message and we'll work it out somehow.
I'm a die-hard red-tractor guy and would love to help you out.

/ 1945 Farmall A
I'll do that! Thank You!

/ 1945 Farmall A #7  
charlie burgh in zeleinople, PA is a junk yard with lots of parts. Also Wholesale Tractor Parts @ W-T-P on the internet has alot of after market parts. I have a 1946 Farmall A with the Air lift cylinder. good tractor. my grandad got it for me when I was 10 if I promised not to ask for a bicycle. I agreed and still have it 50 years later. It is going to go to my grandson. we use it quite a bit on the farm for raking hay and hauling manure. economical tractor and easy to work on.