IH 585 hydraulics

/ IH 585 hydraulics #1  

delchip

Hi All having problems with the fore loader on the above tractor in that it will not lift any weight,it will lift but only when revved highly.I have replaced the pressure valve and seals on the loader but no difference the three point link works fine.Any thoughts please

/ IH 585 hydraulics #2  
Check the loader relief valve for debris/trash, keeping it open.

Check the pressure with a 3000 psi hyd gage.

/ IH 585 hydraulics #3  
As suggested a pressure check would help, tractor pressure should be 2500psi.

How is loader piped up??, is it a 2line or 3 line syztem and where on tractor do hoses go to ???

/ IH 585 hydraulics #4  
You didn't say if you were having trouble with steering or the rear lift, but you might use the pressure gauge to see your psi's should be 2250-2500 lbs. We always check the oil levels 1st, I know somebody is going to say duh-huh to that but it's happened before. Next check the Hydraulic Filter these models have wet brakes and sometimes the lining fiber works it's way into the system past the filter,also make certain that the sealing surface is clean when installing the new filter. I think I saw where someone suggested checking the relief valve. We used to work on the 84 series IH tractors I'm pretty sure that the 85's are similar. Hope this is of some help, Tom

/ IH 585 hydraulics #5  
I have a problem sometimes with my hydraulic system also : steering become hard....
My question is : could it be because the oil is too hot ?
oil level is ok
Thank's
Marc