New Member here

/ New Member here #1  

PaPitt

Tractor
IH 404 gas... IH 1086 Duals... Case 830 LP... & MiMi's Jubilee 1953 Ford Gas . It correct red frame correct fender color But has a pink Hood with 2 Red Hearts that say MiMi JUBILEE ..
OK I'M a new member. Signed up today .. I'm an old Fart 63 years old .. live in central Texas .. Stephenville I live on a farm 143ac. I mostly just have cattle now but I used to grow hay and bale coastal.
... Tonight I was looking on the net for the correct color of my little IH 404 and found you guys. So I joined up to spin a few yarns with you'll.
...So I guess I'll go ahead an ask Does any one have a picture of the correct color of the white for my 1964 404 IH.
..Hey I guess I should also say I worked in town for ever and I sold DuPoint paint of 30 years So I've got a little experience in paint.

Last edited:
   / New Member here
I'll just tell a few more stories about myself to get acquainted.
Born & raised here in Stephenville . Grew up on a Dairy Farm . I have an older Brother that was Mr Everything growing up. National Champion Poultry Judging 1963.. then same year National Champion Something in FFA .. Lone Star Farmer. Funniest thing was HE turned Down a Scholarship to Harvard .. Sounded crazy back in 66 or so but today with what they've turned out . He appears to have really been the smartest one after all.
... I love to hunt .. Mostly Hogs & varmints now, but white tails were my passion for years. We even hunted Coon at night for year .. Me with an old cheby tr .. My Big Brother with the National Champion Blue Tic Hound dog.
... I have one son 42 and 2 other boys that I pretty much raised. These boys were 2 different friend son that I took in .. One bought the Farm next door to me He's now 38 & doing fine. Heck of a hard worker..Other Graduated from college with a 3.54gpa but was Killed at 25 in a car wreck. 1999.. Great Kid but left to soon.
... My son has 2 sets of twins ..17&16.. 3 boys an one girl ... Boys are great Girl causes trouble ..
Rooster Next door has one son. He's not but about 4. He'll grow up to be a cowboy.. heck of an athlete.. & a lady's man .. You can see it popping out of him already.
.. I've also got 3 step sons . Great young men one is editor of over 32 newspapers member of the associated press.. one other & his wife are accountants in Houston & other is over a division now up in Albany Ny York down to Phillida PA. 4 grand kids there also . SO YES I'm into my Grand Kids.
.. I also like any old car .. But at this point I have a 1972 Bronco mine has a 4BT Cummins Diesel in it. Great for the farm. The old gas 302 was always Running HOT here on the farm But this diesel does not run hot. I get about 12mpg idling around the farm looking at cows and hunting or just LOVING da Farm. I also have a Granny 4 speed NP435 trans in my BRONCO.
... And a Winny Dog named TACO... I just about have to take Taco for a ride in the Bronco every evening. I have a little plate step made that is bolted to the door and under the side mirror For him to ride on as we go thru the pastures . I have a little short chain that catches him if he happens to fall off. It doesn't happen much but he has taken a noise dive several times. When he see Mr Rabbit. Funny how he looks back with those EYES Saying OK DADDY pull me back up.

/ New Member here #4  
Welcom to TBN.....feel like I've known you for years!:thumbsup:

/ New Member here
... I'll step over to my little 404 IH now. I bought it about 6 months ago not running but it was straight .
Tractor is very straight only the grill has a dent in it . I'm wanting to paint it up. It came to me with new rear tires. And very good fronts.
.. I got it running after fixing 2 items inside the carb . The venture was broken and the brass jet was broken off inside the carb. So after figuring out those 2 items . And then finding that one of the rockers had jumped off. So after putting it back on. New valve cover gasket it purrs like a kitten ..
''UNTIL'' It got into the garden .. after it get under a load with the plow in the ground it starts to cut out pop & back fire out the exhaust.
.. I can't figure out what else can be wrong with this little tractor. Do any of you guys have any thoughts.
... Yes I have put in new spark plugs and wires . And I also swapped in a new coil or a known good coil . I've cleaned the tank and have several new flue filters, fresh fuel.
.. Such a nice little tractor but I really like it running correctly before I start to paint it ..

/ New Member here
.. If I still had my parts store where we sold paint I'd have the color charts to find this correct white . But I'm hoping someone will have a picture of the correct White.

/ New Member here
This is a big forum So am I in the correct place for my 404 IH . I think I'm in the Case IH section ..
Also how do you find your old post . On another forum I'm on there are 2 terms at top of the page My Post & My threads . I was trying to come back to this post and had a hard time finding my post .
.... Still looking for a patch of the correct white on this tractor .1964 404 .....
.. Also if you were going to get a new seat where is the best .. Cheapest place to find a seat . I've found one that looks like what I have at Northern Freight about 99.00 if my memories serve me correctly. I'm not sure that some one has not changed my seat before but I'm going back with this seat because it is more comfy than any other tractor I've set in before ..It's just worn out & ugly.