case 580B C/K

/ case 580B C/K #1  

dfm

Tractor
case 580b
I have been looking for the specs on the starter cable for a 580B. Does anybody know? I have been finding cables listed by gauge, but they DO NOT list what material. My guess is they are aluminum instead of copper.

/ case 580B C/K #2  
Case Construction shows the one from the battery to solenoid to be 57" long. And all I've seen are copper. At least 1/0. Looks to be about $50.00 through a Case Construction dealer. Many Ag. dealers can make you one up, as they have bulk cable, and ends. NAPA or a good auto parts store should be able to do the same.

/ case 580B C/K
Case Construction shows the one from the battery to solenoid to be 57" long. And all I've seen are copper. At least 1/0. Looks to be about $50.00 through a Case Construction dealer. Many Ag. dealers can make you one up, as they have bulk cable, and ends. NAPA or a good auto parts store should be able to do the same.

Thanks! That is a lot more info than I could get from a big Case dealer. They had a cable listed, but he could not tell me the length, material, or gauge. My original one appears to be about a 4/0 though. I would be hesitant to try 1/0. My present plan is to attempt to salvage my old cable and put a new terminal on the battery end.

/ case 580B C/K #4  
I had NAPA put a new terminal on the battery end of a very long cable and it really boosted the starter speed. :)

/ case 580B C/K #5