Tractor
    case 580b

Default case 580B C/K

I have been looking for the specs on the starter cable for a 580B. Does anybody know? I have been finding cables listed by gauge, but they DO NOT list what material. My guess is they are aluminum instead of copper.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Default Re: case 580B C/K

Case Construction shows the one from the battery to solenoid to be 57" long. And all I've seen are copper. At least 1/0. Looks to be about $50.00 through a Case Construction dealer. Many Ag. dealers can make you one up, as they have bulk cable, and ends. NAPA or a good auto parts store should be able to do the same.

Tractor
    case 580b

Quote Originally Posted by DJ54 View Post
    Case Construction shows the one from the battery to solenoid to be 57" long. And all I've seen are copper. At least 1/0. Looks to be about $50.00 through a Case Construction dealer. Many Ag. dealers can make you one up, as they have bulk cable, and ends. NAPA or a good auto parts store should be able to do the same.
    Thanks! That is a lot more info than I could get from a big Case dealer. They had a cable listed, but he could not tell me the length, material, or gauge. My original one appears to be about a 4/0 though. I would be hesitant to try 1/0. My present plan is to attempt to salvage my old cable and put a new terminal on the battery end.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

I had NAPA put a new terminal on the battery end of a very long cable and it really boosted the starter speed.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

OOps, sorry, didn't know if you had a gas, or diesel.

Not sure why the dealer couldn't tell you much, it tells the length in the parts description here: Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts. ( I hope the link works)