IH Farmall Super C 2 row cultivator ?

/ IH Farmall Super C 2 row cultivator ? #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I have a restored Super C that is in need of the 2 row cultivators that work by the hydraulic lifters that are present at the side and middle of the engine. I recently ran across a fellow who has 3 sets of the cultivators. He bought them thinking they would fit either his Super C or his H and he can't remember. We both did not know if the cultivators were interchangeable for the C's and or the H's. Since these units are old and rusty, the ID labels are not readily apparent or totally gone. Any suggestions as to how to identify these units?

I also saw a units for sale on E-Bay which specified a "C-254 Cultivator" for a IH Farmall Super C. It did not mention if it would be applicable for a H?

Any information with this regard would be greatly appreciated. Weed season is closely approaching. Of course, people come to visit my garden from all over to marvel at my weeds. I had some over 7 feet tall growing along with my corn stalks.

DocRocky

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 2,340
   / IH Farmall Super C 2 row cultivator ? #2  
I ask over on the Farmall board at YTMAG.com. Those guys should be able to help you out.

/ IH Farmall Super C 2 row cultivator ? #3  
I'm thinking the ones on the H would have their own lift cylinders, where the C's worked off the center rock shaft.
I've attached a picture of where I scanned off what is the front page of a manual that came with my Super C, and it confirms the 254's were made for the C's & Super C's. All I got with mine was the rear FH tool bar.
Or, you could come a ways south and get these... Farmall Cultivator's
Or, a little further south, and get the whole package... FARMALL Super C, fast hitch and cultivators

Super C Cultivators.jpg

/ IH Farmall Super C 2 row cultivator ? #4  
I doubt they interchange because the h has a larger frame and the c had a special lift arm in thr center