Farmall 55A purchase

/ Farmall 55A purchase #1  

mbmrang

Tractor
Farmall 55
Well, as of this coming Monday, possibly Friday, I will be the proud owner of *new* Farmall 55. It just came off lease with the local university and has 55 hours on it. It is a 2011 manufacture date but it was built at the end of the year. The dealer will be putting on a brand new L530 loader. It did not have a loader during the lease. The tractor looks brand new except you can tell the 3pt was used some. Best I can tell, the PTO was never even used.

I've been lurking for a tractor for several months and had decided on a new MX5100 Kubota but when I went to the dealer to discuss options and such, he said this tractor was coming off lease in a few days. Well, for less money, more tractor, same as new warranty and financing, I couldn't pass this up. I am a CaseIH man anyhow so the tractor gods worked this in my favor.

I will get some pics posted once it is delivered, and I get tired of being on it this weekend and actually come inside and get on the computer. It's hard to believe that this will happen soon. Gonna be hard to wait till it gets home.

Mike

/ Farmall 55A purchase #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor, sounds like you found a good deal at the right time. Keep us updated when you get a chance to stop grinning. haha! I've been looking at these 55a's a bit too so I'm curious to seee how it does for you.

/ Farmall 55A purchase #3  
Congrats! When you use it to move some rolls be sure to let us know how it handles them on both the front and the back.

/ Farmall 55A purchase #4  
Congratulations, I know you will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Farmall 55A purchase
Well, the tractor was not delivered today. Still getting the second remote installed. Now I have to wait all weekend for it to get here. Hopefully Monday, but it really won't matter now if it is Tuesday or Wednesday, but it better be here by then. I guess I can keep dreaming on the implements.

/ Farmall 55A purchase
I had some things come up and couldn't be in town early this week so I had the dealer schedule delivery for this coming Friday. He is supposed to be here first thing in the morning. Too bad it's supposed to rain most of the day. I would really hate to just see it sitting in the driveway and not be able to be on it. May have to take some measurements and start designing my rock shield for the back of my ROPS. I found a really good deal on a 8' 3pt disc mower and will need a way to keep it from dinging me in the back of head with a rock. Also looking for a good deal on a box blade and a grapple bucket. Probably should slow down a bit on the spending but oh well.

/ Farmall 55A purchase
The tractor has finally arrived. It has been raining so the only driving I have done has been to park it. I will get some pictures once the rain quits.

/ Farmall 55A purchase
I took a few photos while the rain stopped for a little bit. I still don't have any seat time but soon I hope. Soon.

Case3.jpg

Case1.jpg

Case2.jpg

Now I just need to find a good deal on a blade and figure out which 3rd function option I will go with for use with a grapple. May get a hydraulic toplink if I decide on a box blade vs a regular blade.

Thanks for looking. I hope not to bore anybody with more pics.

/ Farmall 55A purchase #9  
Congrats on the 55A! I've had mine for a year now; it too is a 2011 model. I chose the 55A because I have small acreage; I had a '63 IH 706 and a '08 DX31. I needed to consolidate my equipment so I traded both in on the new 55A. The 55 fits my acreage and does what I need it to do, but truth be known, I could really use the 65A. The 55 can move 1600 lb. round bales, but I have to move cautiously - and that's with the most weight attached to the rear wheels as allowed; for a little more ballast, I put another 100 or so lbs on the drawbar. You mentioned finding a good deal on an 8ft disc mower. I'd be curious to hear how that works out on this tractor because I have 10 acres in hay. Rigt now, a friend mows, rakes and bales for me, but I'd like to get my own mower.