Case 530 3 point hydraulics question

/ Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #1  

farmerwantab

Tractor
Case 530 loader
I'm still trying to get this backhoe attachment to work good, and wanted to know if there was a separate pump for the 3 point and remote hydraulics. The reservoir is in the torque tube from what I can see, and the valve assembly is above the torque tube, but is there a separate pump or does it use the loader pump in the front of the tractor .Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

/ Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #2  
   / Case 530 3 point hydraulics question
Thanks DJ that makes better sense, I'm still only getting 1000 psi at the rear hydro's. Looks like I will have to drain all the way down, replace the filters and start over.
I also got a Prince PTO pump ,do you think I can tee that into the loader returns to feed it ?

/ Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #4  
Why not use your front mounted pump, and plumb into that..?? My old 310B did that, but the uprights on the loader was the hyd. reservoir. I'm not sure the tractor's hyd system will have enough capacity to run that hoe very fast. Front mounted pump ought to be around 20 gpm.

/ Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #5  
Just dug out my OP manual for a 530. It says tractor's hyd. pump cap is 7.35 gpm. Relief pressure is 1450-1550 psi.

Here is a link that may help you in the future, as far as the tractor, as I don't believe I recall seeing what engine, or if that is a factory Case loader. Do understand this is specs, and manuals for a 530CK. Same tractor, except maybe the HD front axle, but it does cover both gas, and diesel engines.

Case 530CK - Tractor Specs

tractor tees.jpgYes I'v been there and thought I remember reading that the loader was 20 GPM @ around 2000 psi.
The hoe only needs 5-7 gpm @ 2000 psi and I don't really know how to plumb the two together that's why I thought of the PTO pump and teeing off of the lines at the valve. I have a pic of what I mean but don't know if it will work.

/ Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #7  
Heck yes, I'd just plumb into those...!! A couple quick disconnects plumbed in, and you're in business..!! It maybe a little faster with the 20 gpm pump, but that's not a bad thing, once you learn to feather the controls.

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know

Worked great! a little fast but I'll work on that. Here's what I did.
Thanks again

Attachments

• 0524131854.jpg
    0524131854.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 0524131854a.jpg
    0524131854a.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 1,102
   / Case 530 3 point hydraulics question #10  
Good deal..!! I never thought to mention before, if it seems to be too fast, maybe in an out of the way place, reduce to 3/8" pipe on the pressure side reducing flow. I'm thinking a couple of reducer bushings, and a 1" nipple should do it.

But, once you get used to operating the hoe, and do more than one function, it may become too slow. 3 functions such as crowd, boom up, and curl will divide that volume produced to about 1/3. Just got to learn to feather those controls... And seat time is the best way to learn...