D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #1  

blackjack

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX33 Farmall
I was in a CIH dealership in MN a few weeks ago and asked if they carried the DX line. He politely said they didn't and he didn't know much about them, but handed me a brochure that he had just received from the company.
When I got home, I noticed that the tractor pictured had a new design and the brochure also listed specs (engine/pto hp, wheelbase, etc.) for all of the models, including the DX18E, DX24E, DX48 and DX55.

I don't have a scanner, but attached is a picture that I took with my digital camera of the brochure.

Does anyone know what the "E" designates in the model number?

Perhaps this is the new look that the Farmall will take on??

Blackjack

Attachments

• 308364-DXBROCH.jpg
    308364-DXBROCH.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,207
   / D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #2  
The E would be the two new sub compact models designed to compete with the Kubota BX models.

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure
Interesting. Here are the class I models they list:
DX18E
DX24E
DX21
DX24

I thought I remember reading somewhere that NH was doing away with one of these models - either the 18 or 21.

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #4  
As well as the TC30 has gone over, I would be willing to bet that the "E" is for economy model.

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #5  
During my shopping over the past week, all the dealer have told me that NH's compacts will eventually start at 21 hp, and the subcompacts will come in 18 and 24 hp. I got mixed responses on when the NH TC18 will be phased out-- anywhere between a couple months to a year from now. I just ordered mine.

None of the dealers that I talked to seem terriblely impressed by the new subcompacts. Personally, I think they are TOO small.

I'm sure the Case lineup will pretty much mirror NH, including the new subcompacts.

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Interesting. Here are the class I models they list:
DX18E
DX24E
DX21
DX24
)</font>

Does this mean the CaseIH line is going to include the class I models and not just the class II and class III models they currently have?

Thanks,
Mike

That's correct Mike!

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #8  
Can you post the specs from the brochure for the two new big models? (DX48 and DX55) While the hp, hydraulic capacity, and basic features information has gotten out, I haven't been able to come up with any actual dimensions (length, width, and height) or weight yet. I've been wondering how they compare to the older DX40/DX45 size.

Tim

Tim,
The brochure I have has very limited information. It lists Engine HP, PTO HP, Mid PTO, Transmission, Front Axle and Wheelbase. The wheelbase for the DX48 and DX55 is 75 inches compared to 73.5 inches on the class IIIs if that helps any.

/ D/DX/DXE Compact Tractor Brochure #10  
Blackjack,

(75 inch wheelbase)

Hmm. That is interesting, thanks. Does it give any indication of weight? I know the 3-pt lift capacity is much higher than the older class III's (and listed as a cat I/II to boot) - implying there might be a significant overall tractor weight boost as well.

Thanks,
Tim