international 444 woes

/ international 444 woes #1  

frank bada

Tractor
international 444
after living and working in lower michigan as an auto mechanic i now find myself in northeren michigan with a 1951 international 444 that has been in the family for many years. the tractors needs work and after spending a day looking the beast over i have come to the conclusion that i dont know a darn thing about tractors, but as dante wrote, live life as if you were going to die tomorrow, but learn as if you were going to live forever! i would really like to bring the old girl back to life and there are many emotional ties to the tractor so the family would really love to see her once again working the fields. i have serched the internet trying to find an exploded view of the engine and gear box but have come up short so if anyone can stear me in the right direction it would be greatly apreciated. thanks to everyone for their time and consideration. yours truely frank bada

/ international 444 woes #2  
Welcome to TBN.:tractor: I would start with some shop manuals.

/ international 444 woes #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Case-IH forum. :)

/ international 444 woes #4  
Go to the parts section of caseih.com and enter 444 in the model search block.

/ international 444 woes #5  
Click on this link: Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Parts Search and Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts Then select any component you care to look at.

And exploded view of chosen component will appear to the left, and parts list with numbers will appear to the right.

You can do the same thing using the Messicks site, an advertiser here. On their site, it will show prices at the CASE/IH dealers.

/ international 444 woes #6  
With a 1951 built machine, this must be a USA built machine.

There are also 444's built in Europe, @ Bradford, England but they have a later date than this!!

The serial no plate will tell u where it was built!!

I sell copies of the genuine IH service manual for the european built machines, drop me a PM withyour e mail address for further dtails!!