585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #1  

pinus

Its hard to explain but the hydraulics do not seem that smooth from the power steering to the lift arms. Vibrations, catchiness, etc.

Today while running the pto on a sprayer the power steering was almost non existent, very hard to steer. I've noticed this when running other equipment too with the pto. Also, I've had it running a hay cutter and basically almost choke the pto power down, not because of over load but just something happening internally with the tractor. Usually I kick the pto off and restart it and its fine for a bit.

Anyway, is this a sign of a new hydraulic pump needed? or something else going on.

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #2  
Hyd filter and/or pickup screen.

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #3  
Start with an oil and filter change, then if no better you need to put a flow rater on the hydraulic system!!

Do you need a service manual, is it an IH or a Case IH machine ?? I sell PDF copies of the genuine mNualsas a download!! Drop me a PM with your e mail address for further details??

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #4  
Do you have a pdf service/repair manual for a case 595 2WD? Can find some on line from $300-1000 for 2800 pages but cannot afford that. My email is svarnell@windstream.net.

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #5  
Most tractors have many functions for one pump and and a sticky diverter valve will give issues!

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #6  
Start with an oil and filter change, then if no better you need to put a flow rater on the hydraulic system!!

Do you need a service manual, is it an IH or a Case IH machine ?? I sell PDF copies of the genuine mNualsas a download!! Drop me a PM with your e mail address for further details??

Yes if you have one for a case 595 2WD. How much are they? svarnell@windstream.net

Last edited:
   / 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #7  
The gaskets between the multiple control valve sandwich plate and transmission case can cause steering loss.
This tractor has no pickup screen if the problem occurs only with the PTO engaged check the PTO circuit.

/ 585 Case IH Hydraulic pump is squirrelly #8  
PTO works with returnoil from the steering ! First check for a sticky priority valve . Then check oilpressure at PTO checkpoint . Pick-up screen is in filterhousing