Hydraulic pump problem

/ Hydraulic pump problem #1  

885 84

Tractor
International885xl
My 1984 885xl has some sort of problem in the hydraulics is anybody on here that knows a bit about these tractors

/ Hydraulic pump problem #2  
what is happening?

/ Hydraulic pump problem
Firstly cheers for reply.im using the tractor on a round bale wrapper when I engage the pump the feed pipe jumps like its not getting oil ,and I have it on free flow return it won't even tip up a trailer 6inches .but yet when I plugged in a pressure gauge in the spool it reads around 2200psi

/ Hydraulic pump problem #4  
Whats the oil level like!! It can be overfilled by 20ltrs without a problem!!

Free flow return? Where does oil return to ??

Sounds like a cavitation issue??

Do you have a service manual??

You should be able to reach 2500psi pump pressure??

/ Hydraulic pump problem
Whats the oil level like!! It can be overfilled by 20ltrs without a problem!!

Free flow return? Where does oil return to ??

Sounds like a cavitation issue??

Do you have a service manual??

You should be able to reach 2500psi pump pressure??

I have it returning threw the filler point I replaced the hydraulic pump last week with a new one still no difference .the oil level is reading max when I replaced the pump i topped up with new oil it took about 25 lt . Is that enough . No manual .it would reach 2500psi if I increased the engine rpm

/ Hydraulic pump problem #6  
Not good!!

Oil capacity for the transmission from a drain out is 34lt!!!

Returning to filler point will cause cavitation and eventually pump failure, along with heating and noise!!
The oil should be returned below the level of the transmission oil, into the 1 5/16 plug just below and forward of the r/hand axle?? Usually you add a hose and quick coupler of 1 inch BSP size to this point.

What maximum pressure can u achieve at engine rated speed (2500 rpm??)

I sell PDF copies of the genuine IH service manuals, drop me a PM with your e mail address for further details!!

I take it your machine is an IH tractor (red and cream??) not a later Case IH machine??

/ Hydraulic pump problem
Not good!!

Oil capacity for the transmission from a drain out is 34lt!!!

Returning to filler point will cause cavitation and eventually pump failure, along with heating and noise!!
The oil should be returned below the level of the transmission oil, into the 1 5/16 plug just below and forward of the r/hand axle?? Usually you add a hose and quick coupler of 1 inch BSP size to this point.

What maximum pressure can u achieve at engine rated speed (2500 rpm??)

I sell PDF copies of the genuine IH service manuals, drop me a PM with your e mail address for further details!!

I take it your machine is an IH tractor (red and cream??) not a later Case IH machine??

Yep it's an international 885xl 1984 . I'm away on a job today . I wil be back in the morning I wil check see what pressure I have and I will make a hose to fit that point and see how that goes

/ Hydraulic pump problem #8  
The plug under the axle is huge!!1 5/16unf thread, you may have difficulty finding a suitable fitting, most dealers remove plug then drill and tap to take a smaller fitting, do not go below3/4 bsp or 1 inch JIC as the restriction will push up back pressure!! Remember to drain tranny oil first or put on your wellie boots ????

To check the transmission / hydraulic fluid the tractor needs to be stopped for at least 1/2 hour, pull the dip stick and record the oil level, at this time it should be high, well above the level mark!!
Start engine and run for 3 minutes at 1600 e rpm then stop engine and immediately dip it again, by now the level will have fallen and should be around the level mark for a standard fill of oil apx 34ltrs

/ Hydraulic pump problem
Wel I drained the oil today from tranny and back end and got 27lt .so I refilled with 37 lt and it worked so far . I still have it returning through filler point would that be ok for time being . I spoke to a friend of mine today he told me there was a gauze filter in the vein where the pump sucks the oil from the back end is there such a thing

/ Hydraulic pump problem #10  
Good!! The extra oil will help, but you will still get cavitation with that return!!

There is a gauze filter on the lube transfer pump whose function is to maintain a higher oil level in the diff compartment, which is where the hydraulic pump suction manifold draws its oil from. This gauze is only serviced when doing major work like replacing the pto clutch pack as it is located forward and below the pto clutch pack. There is no external access to it!!