Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer

/ Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer #1  

Peweter

Tractor
International JX95
I have a 2004 Case IH JX 95 with 750 hrs on it and recently purchased a Schaben 30ft sprayer which uses a hydraulic pump powerd by tractors hydraulics. I have had the dealer out and they have gone through everything on Sprayer and consulted with Schaben and we have correct pump matched to open hydraulic system on tractor. I have to rev the tractor really high in order to get only 20lbs of pressure and only then will it spray water. Schaben recommends 30lbs to operate sprayer. I am afraid I will burn tractor up running at such a high rpm and since Im not at 30lbs of pressure it throws all my application charts off. QUESTION? How do I increase the flow of hydraulic fliud from tractor to sprayer? I have tracked the rear extend and retract hydraulic couplings back to what appears to be a needle valve located under right rear wheel. Can I adjust this? Tried calling service dept at Case but of course they are closed on Sat. Has any one else run into this problem?

Hot and Frustrated in TX

/ Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer #2  
Could you reduce the nozzle size and go slower? Tractors are designed to be run wide open. Thus why they are governed at such low rpms compared to over the road motors

Brett

/ Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer
Yes I guess I could replace the nozzeles but I would rather increase hydraulic flow from tractor. Replacing nozzeles will not make pressure rise to recomended 30lbs as schaben recommends thus all my application charts are no good. I am trying to kill mesquites and too much poision may kill all my grass.

/ Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer #4  
I have a 2004 Case IH JX 95 with 750 hrs on it and recently purchased a Schaben 30ft sprayer which uses a hydraulic pump powerd by tractors hydraulics. I have had the dealer out and they have gone through everything on Sprayer and consulted with Schaben and we have correct pump matched to open hydraulic system on tractor. I have to rev the tractor really high in order to get only 20lbs of pressure and only then will it spray water. Schaben recommends 30lbs to operate sprayer. I am afraid I will burn tractor up running at such a high rpm and since Im not at 30lbs of pressure it throws all my application charts off. QUESTION? How do I increase the flow of hydraulic fliud from tractor to sprayer? I have tracked the rear extend and retract hydraulic couplings back to what appears to be a needle valve located under right rear wheel. Can I adjust this? Tried calling service dept at Case but of course they are closed on Sat. Has any one else run into this problem?

Hot and Frustrated in TX

Where is the needle valve in the hyd path?

A needle valve is designed to reduce the flow in GPM's.

A hyd motor is designed to run at a certain GPM and pressure.

If you open the needle valve you will get more flow.

Cab you show picture of needle valve?

/ Hydraulics will not push enough pressure to run Schaben Sprayer #5  
Yes I guess I could replace the nozzeles but I would rather increase hydraulic flow from tractor. Replacing nozzeles will not make pressure rise to recomended 30lbs as schaben recommends thus all my application charts are no good. I am trying to kill mesquites and too much poision may kill all my grass.

If you reduce flow, your pressure should increase thus giving a better spray pattern. If they can't find anything wrong with your tractor and supposedly the pump is correct I'd think the nozzle swap would be the easiest way to correct the issue.

Brett